Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or is it Smojo? Anyway, a rare day of a white-capped Mt Tamalpais (~15 miles from San Francisco) lured me to the top to investigate. I've lived in Marin for a gazillion years, and I've never seen this much snow here.

Not only was there snow, but it was SNOWING. You guys from colder areas are probably rolling your eyes, but this was pretty awesome for Marin. Saw a dozen or two other snowseeking bikers and hikers on the way up. Everyone was completely giddy. Wish I brought a better camera than the cell phone, but you get the idea. I was thankful for wearing the booties, as the descent was frigid.

Mojo tracks next to coyote tracks.

·
No dabs.
320 Posts
Nice! This doesn't compare at all in terms of snow volume, but here's a shot from yesterday descending Palm Canyon to the Palm Springs area. Most snow that I've encountered there.

It thinned out quickly, but it made for some stunning views on a desert ride.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
getbusyliving said:
Nice, I love the desert/snow contrast. Supposed to be more snow here this weekend...possibly even in San Francisco.
When was it? '81 - '82? 6 - 12 inches snow blanketed the city to Santa Cruz at sea level, 2 - 3 feet deep on Mt. Tam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.