Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with Purely Custom to get a, uh, purely custom top cap and spacer for the Fatback. I sent them a clipart snowflake, they sent me these samples of what they could do with it.

I'm thinking the one on the left for the topcap, and the one on the bottom for the spacer. Both in blue ano.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
wadester said:
I'm working with Purely Custom to get a, uh, purely custom top cap and spacer for the Fatback. I sent them a clipart snowflake, they sent me these samples of what they could do with it.

I'm thinking the one on the left for the topcap, and the one on the bottom for the spacer. Both in blue ano.
I picked the same two before I read your choices

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shark said:
Remember no two snowflakes are the same........ ;)
This is a good point, and probably the reason no one has gone for the middle choices (too regular). The random size collection is the best looking.

The only reason I didn't go for the top cap on the right was how visible it might be due to scaling - so here's the image at the real size. Spacer is 20mm.

Attachments

·
R.I.P. Pugsley.
1,706 Posts
wadester said:
This is a good point, and probably the reason no one has gone for the middle choices (too regular). The random size collection is the best looking.

The only reason I didn't go for the top cap on the right was how visible it might be due to scaling - so here's the image at the real size. Spacer is 20mm.
I like the top right and bottom one.
But i think you are right when it comes to scaling it down, it loses the fine detailing.

*maybe turn this into a poll ?

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Biff Pedachenko said:
How about some of these? I've posted an .eps (vector) file that most graphic shops should be able to work with, let me know if you have problems though - download that at https://pedachenko.com/ice/snowflakes.eps

Beauty! But too complex for this little project. The one I've got has one level of branching, and I'd like to get another one with 2 or maybe 3. Yours have like 6+.

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And for those who want in on a buy, I was looking at their full custom pricing of $14.95 for a top cap and $19.95 for a 20mm spacer. I'll ask about bulk discount, or if we could take it to the "custom" (pic from list of art/words) prices of $8.95 and $16.95.

I take it ya'll like blue/w silver snowflakes?

·
Lighten up.
1,089 Posts
wadester said:
And for those who want in on a buy, I was looking at their full custom pricing of $14.95 for a top cap and $19.95 for a 20mm spacer. I'll ask about bulk discount, or if we could take it to the "custom" (pic from list of art/words) prices of $8.95 and $16.95.

I take it ya'll like blue/w silver snowflakes?
Count me in.

EDIT: I'd prefer black for both pieces, but...would do blue if that's the only option.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.