Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, all. first post here, just signed up actually.
i've been reading this board for about a week now -- i was doing a google search for kona bikes and this clyde's forum returned a link. i've been looking for another outlet to talk about bikes since my friends are getting sick of hearing me yammer on. besides, i figured forum was right up my alley as i'm at 6 3, ~3fiddy. or at least i'm something around there -- it's been a while since i've been on a scale that doesnt max out around 320!

i live in gloucester ma and mostly use my bikes to get around town / exercise, not so much trail use, so i might end up mostly lurking since this is a mountain bike forum. however, i do go out on on some minor trails around here on occasion so hopefully i'll be able to contribute in some way.

i recently started getting back into biking towards the end of last year. i picked up a schwinn (china) mountain bike, rigid frame, fairly standard, at a used shop and ran that till i busted my rear wheel. got a few months out of it as i bought the bike in september and busted it up in december. got the wheel replaced and on the first ride it seized up! i was frustrated and went out and bought a second bike a couple weeks later, a k2 camano hybrid, with plans to fix the first one for use as a bad weather/beater/trail bike.

that's exactly what i did. now i have the k2 to go out around town with the gf, and the schwinn for bad weather/trail use. i cant say i've put a ton of miles on each, but they both seem to be holding up rather well. i feel great to be back on two wheels again and it feels even better having a choice of what to ride.

just got in from a quick errand run around town and i was shocked to see the snow coming down in big flakes. i'm sure i'm not the only one who digs a nice ride in the snow. i know it's the middle of april, but MAN, i cant wait for the winter again!

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Welcome

phatmike said:
hey, all. first post here, just signed up actually.
i've been reading this board for about a week now -- i was doing a google search for kona bikes and this clyde's forum returned a link. i've been looking for another outlet to talk about bikes since my friends are getting sick of hearing me yammer on. besides, i figured forum was right up my alley as i'm at 6 3, ~3fiddy. or at least i'm something around there -- it's been a while since i've been on a scale that doesnt max out around 320!

i live in gloucester ma and mostly use my bikes to get around town / exercise, not so much trail use, so i might end up mostly lurking since this is a mountain bike forum. however, i do go out on on some minor trails around here on occasion so hopefully i'll be able to contribute in some way.

i recently started getting back into biking towards the end of last year. i picked up a schwinn (china) mountain bike, rigid frame, fairly standard, at a used shop and ran that till i busted my rear wheel. got a few months out of it as i bought the bike in september and busted it up in december. got the wheel replaced and on the first ride it seized up! i was frustrated and went out and bought a second bike a couple weeks later, a k2 camano hybrid, with plans to fix the first one for use as a bad weather/beater/trail bike.

that's exactly what i did. now i have the k2 to go out around town with the gf, and the schwinn for bad weather/trail use. i cant say i've put a ton of miles on each, but they both seem to be holding up rather well. i feel great to be back on two wheels again and it feels even better having a choice of what to ride.

just got in from a quick errand run around town and i was shocked to see the snow coming down in big flakes. i'm sure i'm not the only one who digs a nice ride in the snow. i know it's the middle of april, but MAN, i cant wait for the winter again!
We don't get a lot fo snow but it does get cold. I prefer riding in winter (in KC, at least) because it's significantly easier to regulate my body temp vs. the summer.

Welcome to the board.

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.