Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snow is amazing stuff to ride in and makes your bike feel like a rocketship when you get out of it and hit a dry trail. There's nothing like riding during a thaw in the middle of winter after enduring weeks of snow covered icy rides, and of course there's nothing like riding in snow! Can't wait for spring - the resistance you get from riding in winter really makes you stronger so can't wait to race next year. The only downside is the cold - not fun. Is it snowing where you ride? Share stories

riding with dad - sometimes he wants to come.

Overlooking a dam on an epic ride

The damage done to our bikes from driving to a race... the rust on mine wasn't pretty after it dried indoors.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Holy resolution Batman! My little laptop screen can't even handle it. Try lowering the resolution so that we can see at least one picture on the screen. :thumbsup:

·
No known cure
5,638 Posts
There's too much snow here to ride. It's been snowing since the weekend. The kids are on their third snow day and chains are mandatory. My wife, bless her heart, has been shuttling me around all day so I could do multi mile snowboard runs. Who says So Cal doesn't get snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Vader said:
There's too much snow here to ride. It's been snowing since the weekend. The kids are on their third snow day and chains are mandatory. My wife, bless her heart, has been shuttling me around all day so I could do multi mile snowboard runs. Who says So Cal doesn't get snow.
Where are u at, I live in Running Springs and we got about 4-5 feet in the last storm and still going. Mile long shuttles wowow were be at.:D

·
No known cure
5,638 Posts
B-RAY said:
Where are u at, I live in Running Springs and we got about 4-5 feet in the last storm and still going. Mile long shuttles wowow were be at.:D[/QUOTE

I'm in Twin Peaks. The longest run I have is from the Mojave River Rd area in Cedar Pines Park down to Camp Seely in The Valley of Enchantment. It's almost a mile and a half. If I were in Running Springs, I would take a chair to the top of Snow Valley and hike over to the Childrens' Forest and drop the road to the fire station. It's over five miles of steepness, and the gate's closed so no cars. I think I'm going to do that this Friday when they have the locals deal. The pic I posted is from my backyard before we left for the day. Here's another of my dogs from this morning. We've had two more feet since then.

Attachments

·
Off the back...
2,304 Posts
Vader said:
DAMN!!! We aren't getting anything like that around here. That pic is giving me a snowner...

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Nice snow in both of your pictures. We had a blizzard last weekend here in ND, and expect up to 7 more inches this weekend. I haven't gotten out to ride in it though as the high temps have been in the single digits or below and I'm too much of a wimp to ride in anything under about 20 degrees F. I can't wait for this cold snap to end.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The white stuff is everywhere now!!! 18 inches just dumped on us in the space of 2-3 hours - closed schools, everything! Can't wait to go for a ride (ski if much more comes down). Can't wait to get out.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Man Im envious of you cats!! All we have been getting here is rain/clouds and it was in the high 60's today.......

Hopefully the trails will dry out this weekend (doubtful).

Keep posting the pics.....

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Warm snap!

There was an awesome warm snap in the afternoon a few days ago - beautiful 45 degree weather and the snow wasn't so damp that it covers your wheels and turns them into a spinning snowball. It was a beautiful ride, nothing like riding in the snow with a tshirt on.

Yes, I know I am way to far forward in this one...
damn that bike looks really small for some reason in this pic?

and the best after ride food ever

·
Registered
817 Posts
Me

lampy29 said:
There was an awesome warm snap in the afternoon a few days ago - beautiful 45 degree weather and the snow wasn't so damp that it covers your wheels and turns them into a spinning snowball. It was a beautiful ride, nothing like riding in the snow with a tshirt on.

Yes, I know I am way to far forward in this one...
damn that bike looks really small for some reason in this pic?

and the best after ride food ever
Do u and your son ride keller peak alot exploration trailer If so, I have seen u 2 alot.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope, don't ride there. Ride around NY - no trails around here look like the one you posted. Sure looks like a fun one though. What state?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I mobbed around town for a hour today. It was fun, first time riding in the snow. All the trails are a bit too covered and probably too steep for traction anyway.

Yeah all the roads were packed snow and a lot of the sidewalks had 4-5" of powder on them from last night. I think I was running about 20-25psi after cooling to 0°C. About the temp. OOooohhh snowing again. Yeah-yeah.

EDIT: Ironically...I finished it up with pizza and diet Pepsi lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.