Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snow, hail, whatever, it's white and it's on the mtn. This is the third time this summer that the white stuff has hit the mtn. I'd have a great pic if I knew how to do it, but go check it out at flagstaffwebcam.com.

T.A.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
going by the standard lapse rate(and current temp in flag)...it would be about 4 degrees celcius at 12,000 feet, that's pretty darn close, and if the lapse rate is higher than normal, like maybe 2.5 or higher per thousand feet, it could just be snow....

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Jm. said:
going by the standard lapse rate(and current temp in flag)...it would be about 4 degrees celcius at 12,000 feet, that's pretty darn close, and if the lapse rate is higher than normal, like maybe 2.5 or higher per thousand feet, it could just be snow....
At 1:30 pm I had about an inch of hail in my yard, some of it marble-sized. I live across 180 from the Schultz/180 turnoff and it seemed like it rained 2 inches in 30 min! Quite the donner and blitzen show. Of course the airport only reported .75 in but if you believe the doppler radar in some places as much as 4 in on the peaks and Doney Park. For what the NWS was saying for the week-low grade monsoon today sure was impressive.

On Tues as I was coming down Schultz a Hotshot crew was moping up an acre sized fire caused by lightening.

I've seen it snow in June and Aug but never July. Skied 2 feet of pow in late May once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.