Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and I don't mean a white reggae rapper from Canada.(anybody else see 'I love 1992' last night?)

The clouds have been hiding the mountain most of the day, but as they swooped down into town to dump some rain down here, they revealed the top of the mountain covered in snow!!!

Anyways, it's really coming down in downtown Flag right now. Anybody else getting wet?

T.A.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
tool man said:
Anyways, it's really coming down in downtown Flag right now. Anybody else getting wet?
Yep, I got soaked this a.m., but it has nothing to do with rain. I phucking hate this time of year (sorry Paul). Dry heat my ass.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
thank you for "informing" us on that.

yes, we are getting wet here in prescott again...

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
tool man said:
...and I don't mean a white reggae rapper from Canada.(anybody else see 'I love 1992' last night?)

The clouds have been hiding the mountain most of the day, but as they swooped down into town to dump some rain down here, they revealed the top of the mountain covered in snow!!!

T.A.
We were thinking of going to Flag this weekend for biking/camping/hiking to escape the Phoenix heat... will we be sorry? Forecast is calling for sun up there on Saturday, but it looks like ya'll got lots of rain this week. Are the trails too wet? Was there really snow on the peaks?

thx for any advice, Kathleen

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
DurtGurl said:
We were thinking of going to Flag this weekend for biking/camping/hiking to escape the Phoenix heat... will we be sorry? Forecast is calling for sun up there on Saturday, but it looks like ya'll got lots of rain this week. Are the trails too wet? Was there really snow on the peaks?

thx for any advice, Kathleen
I'm thinking about riding flag on sunday, I have to drop some books off at NAU.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Hail on the peaks is more likely. It was marble-sized coming down yesterday as I cowered under a Kaibab limestone outcropping near the top of Little Bear. Trails are in great shape and won't be muddy. The benefits of volcanic dacite. There is supposed to be a bit of a drying trend on tap for the weekend but still a chance of monsoon thunderstorms. So far it looks like we're in the doughnut hole today. Storms everywhere but here.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
rockman said:
Hail on the peaks is more likely. It was marble-sized coming down yesterday as I cowered under a Kaibab limestone outcropping near the top of Little Bear. Trails are in great shape and won't be muddy. The benefits of volcanic dacite. There is supposed to be a bit of a drying trend on tap for the weekend but still a chance of monsoon thunderstorms. So far it looks like we're in the doughnut hole today. Storms everywhere but here.
Hey Rockman... you sound like a geologist! Glad to see someone else out there appreciating the rocks. The trails around Phoenix are all so different because of the unique geologic origin of each mtn island around the valley.

I'm hoping the weather holds in Flag for some weekend fun. Will pack the rain/hail gear!

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
DurtGurl said:
Hey Rockman... you sound like a geologist! Glad to see someone else out there appreciating the rocks. The trails around Phoenix are all so different because of the unique geologic origin of each mtn island around the valley.

I'm hoping the weather holds in Flag for some weekend fun. Will pack the rain/hail gear!
I am that. And your oh so right about rock type and tread. Trail 4 north of Cave Creek comrs to mind. Dream ride turns to nightmare real quick when you turn the corner out of the canyon and run into the basalt boulder field.

Hope you got up here. Trails are in great shape.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Not In Public

DurtGurl said:

Isn't there a geologist website or something you guys can take this to? Skinny-Tire's joke was one thing, if not disgusting, but geology talk, my god man get a room.:) :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
Dirdir said:
Isn't there a geologist website or something you guys can take this to? Skinny-Tire's joke was one thing, if not disgusting, but geology talk, my god man get a room.:) :D
What's really amazing is that there's sedementry rock wayyy up there on that dacite batholith. The eaolean butress on the east side of the massif is wonderful!

oh yeah, I remember being snowed on on the North Rim in July once!
Last year we had sonw on the North Rim the last weekend in August.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts