Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
El Nino vs. La Nina

A year ago at this time we were riding this trail.

Last "winter" every storm tracked North of NM. This year it's been a wintery blast every 7-10 days as another system takes aim. More of the white stuff forcast for today thru the weekend. Two words for you. Road Trip!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It's our turn dammit! You had fun last year while we suffered.
We should make a deal where there are alternating open couches in each territory for the skiers who ain't gettin' tha snow! Same thing for MTB'ing when the forests are closed for fire danger. HAHA. I'll post some pics after this weekend.
By the way, my most miserable experience on a bike was in your neck o' the woods. It was my first ever epic ride, back in 1995 or so. We got a late start on Mr Toad's Wild Ride and ran out of water and food (I think we each had 1 small water bottle and a granola bar) and were stuck in weak clothing as we pushed thru the cold mountain evening. We made it back out to the road and hitched a ride in w/ a passing truck. Then I fell asleep in a Mexican restaurant before I could finish my food. IT SUCKED. I did not thaw out until the next morning. I was living in Alabama at that time and knew absolutely nothing about the nature of mountains.
I do now, though, and I'll post pics of us tearin' up the pow this weekend! Woo-hoo!

·
When in doubt, go faster
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah yeah yeah! If it just stuck to Angelfire and the Sandias I would be happy for you. BUT, its all over isn't it? And Utah hasn't had snow for almost a month!!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
By the way, below is the weather outlook from WeatherUnderground for our weekend...
"Saturday
Snow showers. Snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches...except 6 to 8 inches above 7500 feet. Total snow accumulation 4 to 8 inches...except as much as 12 to 16 inches above 7500 feet. Highs in the mid teens to lower 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon."

I'll have my powder boards ready & I'll be thinkin' of ya. mmmmhmmmmm....

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Alex or Hawke????

bcd said:
last elnino my freind and i snowboarded down the FRONT/WEST side of the sandias.

sound like it will be do-able again this year.
I am the one who is helping with the GITA and requested ride info on the Ben Hall Mem...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.