Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
its snowing[edit: 1/4in dusting, what do i do!!!], and southridge is this this weekend!!! so what is everyone gona do? im shure its going to be realy muddy and lose:thumbsup: I havent even pre-rode the corse and its going to be my first time at southridge... im looking foward to it. whats everyone thinking... is it going to melt and turn to mud and ruts, or are we getting more of this... anybody bringing extra kit just in case?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Panzerknacker said:
its snowing, and southridge is this this weekend!!! so what is everyone gona do? im shure its going to be realy muddy and lose:thumbsup: I havent even pre-rode the corse and its going to be my first time at southridge... im looking foward to it. whats everyone thinking... is it going to melt and turn to mud and ruts, or are we getting more of this... anybody bringing extra kit just in case?
are you an idoit? you actually think it snowed in fontana, pull your head out.

·
Tree Hugger
286 Posts
It did snow in Fontana, and also most other places in the Inland Empire. But, it was a light dusting and if anything the conditions at Southridge will be better than they would have been otherwise. But it will be cold. Come prepared.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
dft said:
are you an idoit? you actually think it snowed in fontana, pull your head out.
News reports today showed a dusting of snow in many places of the IE, so a dusting at Fontana wouldn't be out of the question. It's supposed to be even colder tonight/tomorrow, but no more precipitation/snowfall.

Southridge conditions should be even better tomorrow, but as others have mentioned, come prepared for the chilly weather.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Not in the south-western most reaches of the IE. Here's it's been sunny all day (haven't checked recently) and wasn't even damp out this morning. I was hoping to have a dusting tomorrow morning climbing in the Santa Ana's, but it's more likely that it'll just be at the top near Santiago Peak.

However, I'm also surprised to hear that it dusted slightly north of where I'm at considering what the weather has been like here the past two days!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
whodaphuck said:
Wow, harsh. Judging from the other posts maybe he's not the idiot. Seems like only one a$$hole in this thread.
i was indeed being alittle sarcastic. but yes, i am in awe it snowed at such a low elevation. i know fontana does real well after a rain, and knew the amount of wetness was extremely small. will be good conditions for you racers.

·
Tree Hugger
286 Posts
I, too, was surprised. But, I watched it snowing here in Riverside this morning, but it was only for maybe 20 minutes. Now you can't even tell that anything wet touched the ground.

My Fiancee works in Bloomington pretty close to Southridge and it did the same thing there. The places further north, closer to the hills got more.

But right now it's sunny and mostly clear here, so I understand any scepticism.

~R

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
i don't know the exact temp at fontana this morning at 7am when i got there, but it was freakin cold... i did some practice runs on the dh course and i was planning on hanging around to watch the xc and 4x races but i didn't bring a warm enough jacket... dress accordingly if you're gonna watch the dh race tomorrow

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
It was not awesome up there at all today, at the top of the DH run it was BLOWING SOOOO HARD. Every corner ends with a wall of wind against you almost slowing you down to a crawl. No snow though, and the dirt was dry as ever.
I got blown over as soon as my tires left the ground...

·
Registered
756 Posts
I live here in the wonderful world of Fontucky and let me assure you, we got snow. It only lasted a few hours, but it was the real thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
aword4you said:
Not quite like PhotoMom's post, but there was a bit of snow left up on Main Divide this morning. It was COLD. :eek:

I also rode over an ice puddle.
Ann told me it was freezing climbing up to the Main Divide and coming down the Motorway. She couldn't feel a thing and decided to end the ride there instead of continuing on to 4 Corners.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
SprocketHead said:
Ann told me it was freezing climbing up to the Main Divide and coming down the Motorway. She couldn't feel a thing and decided to end the ride there instead of continuing on to 4 Corners.
It was horrid. We actually had wool socks, booties, winter gloves, skull caps.. it was fairly miserable in the windy spots :) A few times it was actually nice, but those didn't last long. We had planned to go up to the Peak! Had it been about 5 degrees warmer and less windy, I think it would've been okay. Oh well, maybe next week.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.