Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Singletrack Addict
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
JimEG said:
Great. Thanks for the photos and report. I was thinking about this weekend, possibly.

Was there any snow on the trails? Or just the roads?
The local Weather Forecast is calling for snow throughout the week. I went back out today so I could get another run in before we get snowed out.

The snow on the trail was inconsequential and made for fun dynamic conditions!:thumbsup:
 

Attachments

·
Too Much Fun
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Good stuff. Sandy general question: how well does it hold up to rain/mud? I find myself wanting to head up after wet spells but often hold off out of concern for the trails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
benja55 said:
Thanks for sharing! Good stuff. Sandy general question: how well does it hold up to rain/mud? I find myself wanting to head up after wet spells but often hold off out of concern for the trails.
In general, it holds up pretty well. You might want to stay away if it has been really wet but it holds up to average wet quite well. They worked on a problem area at the last work party and it seems to be much better. Trail conditions were great last Sunday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Think Sandy (or anywhere within 45 min of PDX area) will be rideable tomorrow?

I'm relatively new to the area and am still adapting to the new climate. It's been pretty clear here in Beaverton, so I'm hoping I can get some riding in this weekend.
 

·
Metalheadbikerider
Joined
·
2,904 Posts
Scappoose?

It might be your best bet given the snow levels. Gorge Trail 400 might be clear too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
xDennisLuix said:
Think Sandy (or anywhere within 45 min of PDX area) will be rideable tomorrow?

I'm relatively new to the area and am still adapting to the new climate. It's been pretty clear here in Beaverton, so I'm hoping I can get some riding in this weekend.
It's hard to say. I thought Brightwood would look worse



Post if you go.
 

·
Calm like a Bomb
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
xDennisLuix said:
Think Sandy (or anywhere within 45 min of PDX area) will be rideable tomorrow?

I'm relatively new to the area and am still adapting to the new climate. It's been pretty clear here in Beaverton, so I'm hoping I can get some riding in this weekend.
I am also trying to find some relatively dry trails. Scappoose will probably be ok as its normal conditions are always somewhat muddy and dry in spots and you won't have to worry about snow right now there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
I've yet to check out Scappoose, so I guess tomorrow will be a good a day as any.

Can anyone share some trail info about the place, such as trailhead, type of riding, GPS route, etc? Please feel free to PM me so this thread does not get completely derailed.

Thanks.
 

·
Daniel the Dog
Joined
·
6,764 Posts
Avoid the Gorge

free-agent said:
It might be your best bet given the snow levels. Gorge Trail 400 might be clear too.
1-84 is an icy mess right now. It might be okay if the temperatures raise above freezing for a few hours.

Scappy Gate 1 is okay. Not a bad little ride. It might be a bit snowy but the trails should be icy and fun. It might be worth the 45 minutes ride tomorrow for me. Nah, not really, but an option....
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top