Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone been up to brainard lake area lately? Is there enough snow for some XC skiing? sounds like eldora's pretty well set, but would like to hit the south sourdough trail this weekend.

thanks.
 

·
contains quinine
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
geneseo said:
anyone been up to brainard lake area lately? Is there enough snow for some XC skiing? sounds like eldora's pretty well set, but would like to hit the south sourdough trail this weekend.

thanks.
Not current by any stretch, but a coworker said that 2 weeks ago conditions were super variable up there for snowshoeing. Some places had tons of snow, others were windblown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Debaser said:
Not current by any stretch, but a coworker said that 2 weeks ago conditions were super variable up there for snowshoeing. Some places had tons of snow, others were windblown.
thanks. didn't end up at sourdough, but ski'd the section on brainard lake road. tons of snow up there now.
 

·
contains quinine
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
Strange, I was reminded of this post as I got out the skis for the first time this year today. Hit Rainbow Lakes road, was good 90% of the time, the other 10% was super thin windblown stuff.

Perhaps we'll need to end up at the same trailhead at the same time one of these days!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Debaser said:
Strange, I was reminded of this post as I got out the skis for the first time this year today. Hit Rainbow Lakes road, was good 90% of the time, the other 10% was super thin windblown stuff.

Perhaps we'll need to end up at the same trailhead at the same time one of these days!
sounds good. the conditions up there were fantastic.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top