Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bearlike
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ole' Baloney somehow got out of his stall and got a good frolick in the snow. The hardest part was getting him back inside. :D

No, Really!

Attachments

·
donkey
263 Posts
Have you tried running your rear tire the other way? Is the grip while climbing and accelerating any different? Is it a pain to use a disc w/ the horizontal drops? Damn I ask a lot of questions. Nice bike -- sweet integrated seatpost clamp.

·
Bearlike
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a Boy!

HaHaHa....

Actually, it is the medal for the virgin of Guadalupe. My wife made me put it on after I wrecked and got a 9 inch scar on my leg.

·
Bearlike
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WTB recommends the rear tire to be run as the same as the front. Acceleration and climbing? I've run both ways and didn't notice any difference. I was running Conti Gravity 2.3's on there, but they slipped and skittered. Horizontal dropouts aren't too difficult to deal with, you just have to have a 19mm box end wrench and a 5mm hex. Flip the bike over, adjust the wheel position, then eyball the caliper position in relation to the rotor and make your adjustment. I admit that it is a bit more tinkering than a dropout with an EBB.

Ole' Baloney is a good bike, tough and fun.

B

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
I was kinda worried when I read that your 'Ol Baloney got out (not sure what the pictures of that were going to be like)...but, good looking steed there.

·
Bearlike
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup Ole Baloney...

Is one Heck of a ride.

Apprently I confused El-Cid with my opening statement. :D

I'm really happy with it and he didn't break the bank.

Happy Trails!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.