Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bunch of us Mass-holes are thinking of driving south MLK weekend to try and find some bare trail, cabin fever is in full swing here given the recent snow & temps the refuse to rise. You guys still have snow down there? How far south will we have to go to get some decent riding? Hoping to avoid having to go all the way to Maryland/WV.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
North Jersey is snowy & icey. I'm hoping to get some stud tires as it looks like it may stay this way for the next couple of months. I wanted to go to White Clay Delaware a couple of weeks ago, but they insisted it was a mess.

Went running in Allaire last week http://connect.garmin.com/activity/21298756Yesterday someone said allaire was in good shape for mtb (white trail). IMHO it's a little small to schelp from Mass. If Huber Hasthsone is okay. I'd do a morning at Allaire then Afternoon at Huber Harthorne.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
651 Posts
If you're driving from Mass don't go to Allaire. Allaire is great but you may be dissappointed driving 6 to 7 hrs to ride a pretty easy joint. I would do Hourtshourne, sourlands, Chimney Rock etc. All of Central Jersy is fine and frozen and the riding is good:thumbsup: Come on down!

·
Registered
651 Posts
ivanhoe22 said:
All depends on the day you happen to come through. If it's cold and frozen, most places will be decent. When the temps are above freezing is when things get soft and muddy.
Very true. If when you come and it's warm and conditions are soggy, you may have no choice but Allaire. The place drains well. Hartshourne also holds up well to soggy conditions. Don't get me wrong, you'll have fun at Allaire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.