Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
padded
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I squeezed in an afternoon ride at Demo, left the parking lot around 2 and just after the gate on Buzzards I felt some drops. Thought it was rain until I realized it was falling too slowly - snow!! Big fat flakes, tumbling lazily, and lasted about 30 min. It totally made my day - a Festivus miracle! :D
There were a lot of folks there this afternoon - did anyone get any pics of the flurries? I tried with my phone but they didn't come out.
Demo was super sweet, btw - not at all wet, and really fast. Big thanks to Charles for the chainsaw work on Braille :thumbsup:

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
DrWheels said:
I squeezed in an afternoon ride at Demo, left the parking lot around 2 and just after the gate on Buzzards I felt some drops. Thought it was rain until I realized it was falling too slowly - snow!! Big fat flakes, tumbling lazily, and lasted about 30 min. It totally made my day - a Festivus miracle! :D
There were a lot of folks there this afternoon - did anyone get any pics of the flurries? I tried with my phone but they didn't come out.
Demo was super sweet, btw - not at all wet, and really fast. Big thanks to Charles for the chainsaw work on Braille :thumbsup:
We got some too at the top of Oat Hill Mine today.

·
Registered
11,784 Posts
It got noticably colder around then

DrWheels said:
i got hailed on ..

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
pisket said:
Ha ha! I was going to say, but must have forgotten: yes, helmetless too... :D

Ali
Slowflakes are hard to catch... on a digital camera, but it was actually snowing, just at the top: that was few minutes after 8AM and pretty cold.

I rode pretty much the entire time with 3 layers (in addition to my regular fat layer) and merino wool socks :thumbsup:

Demo was a little slippery in some sections but otherwise great.

BTW Ali, I tracked the cause of the misterious noise on my Nomad (after removing shock): it's a plastic part of the chainguide hitting the chianstay when topping out. Phew, now I can sleep.
ZT

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
didnt ride yesterday but filled the bed up with snow and had a fight in the parking lot with some people haha

and heres how much is left as of this morning

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.