Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone know about this/go to this/race this? It was today.

There is a video on sicklines.com, looks pretty cool.

I'd like to at least go to watch next year, maybe give it a try if I can work out some studded tires!

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rollertoaster said:
I went. Spun my tire on the starting gate and effectively eliminated myself in the first round. I think Neko won overall. at least I got a good pic of myself.

Nice picture. How's the competition? Really serious, laid back...? Is there a beginner class? Did you make your own studded tires with screws?

·
Registered
239 Posts
rollertoaster said:
there were no classes. everyone lumped together, which kinda sucked. I just ran unstudded wet screams. next year I'll be running 2.5" 60a's and studding the F&ck out of them.
Nice Casey!

I studded some tires a while back, self tappers through the knobs and then slit a old tube and wrapped it over the existing tube as a shield between the tube and screw heads. Works crazy good in the ice but are crazy heavy, 1 pound of screws in each tire plus double tubes. Cant really dirt jump with them because they roll so slow, you case everything after the first jump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.