Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
I don't know if Brooke is reading this... but i think i saw him in Jay a couple of weeks ago... I saw a guy on a ski bike... just didn't recognize him... I really like the feel of the first version... Now it should be even sweeter on the Pugsley.... And the Drifter could be a lot more fun the the snowscoot... I've tried the snowscoot before and never felt confortable... The drifter looks like it would be a lot more fun to throw around on the slopes... At least, Brooke is making it look easy!

Good luck!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey Eric, it was either me or my friend Paul that you saw at Jay. I was on the tram side taking runs between shifts working at the demo. Paul was lapping the Jet most of the day. The Drifter is quite amazing to ride once you get the hang of it. I did a run down JFK through a foot of powder that day. It's like riding a DH bike on a fun trail, but I can completely choose my line. It's a blast in dense, choppy snow when the skiing isn't great. But, I definetly still throw on the skis for big powder days.

The Sike on the Pugs is nice, but we've had either too much or too little snow this year... The red powder ski tip attachment was great in the breakable crust we had. The tire just won't hook up enough. I'm planning a tire mod that may help in deeper snow.

I rode the snowscoot years ago and it turned me off from dh specific skibikes. They're not much fun and take a lot of effort to carve. I rode the Lenz Sport skibike out west and that was closer, but still kinda strange. The Drifter feels amazingly similar to a bike, except that you slide every turn like you're skidding on wet grass. Imagine tele skiing on a bike...

I'm trying to make the most of the coverage and have some kits available for sale or demo asap.

Thanks for the props!

Brooke

Here's a shot from Sugarbush for the hell of it...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.