Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
how 'bout a demo?

Hey, I've got a couple styles that you could demo. Have you seen my site, www.bikesonsnow.com ? I'm bringing the Sike, an XC snow attachment kit, into production later this winter and have been testing the Drifter, a wicked DH version. What style are you looking for? I'm in Hinesburg, VT and could meet on any VAST trail to try the Sike. We can ride the Drifter at Sugarbush and Jay. Check out Channel 3 next Thursday evening!

Ride the Snow!
Brooke

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
BikesOnSnow said:
Hey, I've got a couple styles that you could demo. Have you seen my site, www.bikesonsnow.com ? I'm bringing the Sike, an XC snow attachment kit, into production later this winter and have been testing the Drifter, a wicked DH version. What style are you looking for? I'm in Hinesburg, VT and could meet on any VAST trail to try the Sike. We can ride the Drifter at Sugarbush and Jay. Check out Channel 3 next Thursday evening!

Ride the Snow!
Brooke
Specifically I'm looking for fat tire bikes. My cousin and I are doing a little camping trip on our Pugsley's and have a couple friends who would like to join us.

However Bikes on Snow looks awesome! I might need a new hobby!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just heard that the segment will actually be shown on Thursday 1/1/09. It will feature both the xc and dh versions. We were out on Monday when it was 50 deg, and weren't able to get in the woods, so the xc riding footage is kinda lame. The dh run should be better.

Here's my new Pugs with the Sike at the end of a sweet power slide. No new hobby necessary for the Sike, just ditch your front wheel. The dh Drifter is surprisingly addictive though! Passing skiers/boarders while in total control is rediculous.

I've never heard of anyone renting a Pugsley, though I'm hoping some local xc ski centers will get into it in the future. You could potentially borrow mine for a couple days if it made your trip possible. Where are you guys heading?

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That thing is awesome! We are going to the Sandwich Range Wilderness near Thornton NH. That is a super generous offer. If we did get in a bind and look to borrow your's, we would definitely want to compensate you. Just out of curiosity what kind of $ is the Sike?

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
Fat & Hairy said:
That thing is awesome! We are going to the Sandwich Range Wilderness near Thornton NH. That is a super generous offer. If we did get in a bind and look to borrow your's, we would definitely want to compensate you. Just out of curiosity what kind of $ is the Sike?
Bikes in the big W - be careful you don't get busted. It is rumored they will confiscate the bike.

I like to think of mine as an in-line wheelchair.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
BikesOnSnow said:
I just heard that the segment will actually be shown on Thursday 1/1/09. It will feature both the xc and dh versions. We were out on Monday when it was 50 deg, and weren't able to get in the woods, so the xc riding footage is kinda lame. The dh run should be better.

Here's my new Pugs with the Sike at the end of a sweet power slide. No new hobby necessary for the Sike, just ditch your front wheel. The dh Drifter is surprisingly addictive though! Passing skiers/boarders while in total control is rediculous.

I've never heard of anyone renting a Pugsley, though I'm hoping some local xc ski centers will get into it in the future. You could potentially borrow mine for a couple days if it made your trip possible. Where are you guys heading?
That pic is sick!

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
bike-ski rack options for drifter and sike?

Hey BikesonSnow, how do you transport the Drifter and the Sike? For the Drifter do you think you could just place it upright on a roof rack with a ski carrier mounted and place the front ski in the front ski clamp and the rear ski in the rear ski clamp?

And for the Sike, if the rear tire wasnt too superphat maybe use a short bike tray on the rear roof rack cross bar, such as the Yakima Boa bike rack tray, and use one ski rack holder on the front crossbar for the fork mounted ski if you didn't wanna mess with removing the Sike every time?

Looking forward to seeing you on the slopes!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Rick, I always toss the Drifter into the back of my wagon. The Sike works well with my old Yakima Ankle Biter rack. I've been using that one for years to fit my Lefty equipped bikes. I use a toe clip strap or two to hold the ski into the tray.

The Sike would work backwards in the new style racks that clamp the wheel. The old school frame clamp ones would also work.

See you out there.

Brooke

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.