Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
not really

I rode on Saturday and there hasn't been any precipitation since then. It was raining on Friday, but in Arcadia the rain turned to snow as the temperatures dropped. funny thing is, there was no snow just 3 miles further east on the other side of 95. There's not much snow, only a slight dusting. The more sketchy thing is how the rain froze quickly over the rocks and roots so there are some nasty spots. generally its very rideable. perhaps by the weekend much of the ice will sublime.

happy riding.

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Case yesterday

I rode Case yesterday. It was an excellent ride. The entire ride was on snow, but it was only an inch or so and it was all packed down. We rode the blue out, came back down to the bridge then rode the red back up to the blue. The descent down the blue/yellow was intense covered in snow (I made it with one dab).

All in all a great day out on the bike, though the snow added to the level of effort. Some of the climbs were intense.

John

·
uh, or something!
479 Posts
today's trail condition report

parked on the right side of 165 in the lot after the white church. glad i rode my yeti ti with the studs cuz they came in handy. my 2 buddies decided to bring the bikes without the studs. i would say that approximately 60% of the trails are still covered in ice. not sure about the other side but breakheart and the areas of the NST are mostly ICE - my buddies bought it a few times but it was still fun! we left just as the temps started to warm up and produce mudd!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Rode this morning about 09:00. Snow on all the trails and some ice but ridable. It's just hard work. I think I only averaged about 5 mph. Very few bike tracks plenty of deer tracks.
Since it is supposed to rain and be warm tomorrow this condition post is next to use less unless you get there in the next few hours, but I had fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.