Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DOD Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a look at a prototype off road trailer by www.bikerev.com (Ian) He is talking about having an option for a hard case or soft. It has a really easy hookup to the bike axle. Ask him about it at CCP. He is going to be looking to sell proto's cheap to beta testers. Get in line.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Off road? That looks pretty rigid. I dig it, don't get me wrong, but I like the BOB with the shock for a MTB trailer.

Mind you, I have never ridden with a trailer attached to my bike, but it seems the suspended trailer would work better for off road. No?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Speaking from a total of one trip's experience, I don't think the suspension is all that important. That sucker'll follow you whether it's getting a little air or you're in a 3 wheel drift. :D (I did use a metal flask for the Vitamin T, which 100 lb. Fury appreciated - however, SeenYourCrash stayed away from the Vitamin T that trip)

That said, I would guess that suspension would treat your load a little kinder, at the cost of some extra weight.

I saw Sparty's unsuspended BOB get over a foot of air with a full load of tools a few years ago. :nono: I'm guessing the BOB folks wouldn't recommend this typs of treatment, but they will do it. Is that why Sparty needs his deck to be reattached?

Flaps

BIGfatED said:
Off road? That looks pretty rigid. I dig it, don't get me wrong, but I like the BOB with the shock for a MTB trailer.

Mind you, I have never ridden with a trailer attached to my bike, but it seems the suspended trailer would work better for off road. No?

·
DOD Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a early prototype, and I suspect they might "lighten up" on the tubing a bit. The builder is about 200lbs and he got in the box and bounced up and down to stress test it. Might be good to have a little more flex? What do you think? I think the frame is about 13lbs now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.