Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These images are a sneak peak at what specialized are bringing out next year. We should see a few of these landing on english shores in the next few weeks.

Myka FSR XC

New hybrid crossfire

New Hardrock

New FSR XC

New SX Trail

New Bighit

New Epic

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
Is it me, or did they slightly change the frame of the Crosstrail? That top tube looks to have an odd curve to it that I don't think is on my own Crosstrail. Travel is down by 5mm too.

Color scheme on that Hardrock is excellent.

Does anyone else see irony in claiming the SX Trail as "the most successful slope style bike ever" only to immediately say that it's been totally redesigned?

To the OP: Thanks for posting these preview pics. Much appreciated!

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
JonathanGennick said:
Does anyone else see irony in claiming the SX Trail as "the most successful slope style bike ever" only to immediately say that it's been totally redesigned?
Nothing wrong with them improving on an already awesome design. IMO it is the most successful slope style bike as of now. It is still got the same travel , head angles and geo of the sxtrail but with a new linkage , lighter weight, access to the airvalve on the rear shock and lower stand over which will help big time in the area of tricks.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
its about time the xc was updated, as for the sx it doesnt look so bad there, its m5 alloy now which is probably why its lighter, i dont know if thats such a good idea im quite fond of my burlier A1 2008 sxt frame, however the demos are m5 and i dont hear much breakage stories with those so itll probably be fine , i must admit i think theyre all pretty cool

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
Let Darren and Kyle show us what it can handle . It's already growing on me . I will not get rid of my 08 to get a 09 but I won't get butt hurt if mine has to be replaced by one at a later date.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Spesh is on a downward spiral...its just going down, sinking ship...abort abort abort. rolf

So far I would say that these are the most horrid designs to have ever graced a trail...and about as functional as they were in past years gone...kinda.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, if the xc is going to 120mm and that frame looks so much like the '08 Stumpy that my brother has, the SJ either goes to 140 or goes away ( which I doubt). No sense in having two 120mm xc/trail models.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.