Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bike Ninja |||
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mrpercussive said:
the Fury... posted it a while back... looks hella sick... XD

You getting one dude? Whens the due date?
Yea. I am. Still waiting on my guy at GT to get back to me on that one. But i'm looking at getting one off the first run.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
the aluminum one broke in many places and now I have to trust carbon.....no way would I ride this bike everyday....It won't hold up to the pounding

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
chooofoojoo said:
Two levels of build, Team as shown, and Race...
$5999 for Team
$3999 for Race.

Frameset will also be available, pricing hasn't been released for that yet.
thats not so bad, I was expecting alot more for a full carbon fiber frame...$2000 difference in the builds seems like a big leap between the two though.

PS thanks for the hookup on those pads the other day dude :thumbsup: helps a ton feels like new again :) ...ill be at Keystone this saturday if ur gonna be up there :D

G

·
Durability of carbon fiber as frame material aside, I think it looks way better than the previous model, but there's still a lot left to be desired in the aesthetics though. I think if they went with pure naked carbon fiber and none of the gaudy clashing yellow accents and what not, it would look much slicker.

GT should continue on with the minimalist stylings of the Sanction 1.0. They had an opposition between minimal color cues (bit of red and black, barely noticeable), yet they paired that with crazy flowy hydroformed frame tubing. The Sanction looks fairly balance fore and aft, yet the DH bike seems a bit rear-heavy.

To solve for that, an '09 FOX 40 (black lowers) would balance out the look of the rig, since the Boxxer's 32mm stanchions appear a bit scrawny. I do like the integrated cable guides, though.

BTW: air shock on a DH bike? I would think a full carbon frame would justify going with a Ti coil shock as a compromise for performance. I do like the Saint cranks. I'm still a bit skeptical about rock impacts though....

Oh forget about it, how does it ride? :madman: :madman: :madman:

·
Bike Ninja |||
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
snow-man said:
Choofoojoo,

Your going to trade in your Demo for that?

Interesting
Traded in Demo for Current DHi... Couldn't be happier. Bike Fits my riding style much better then the Demo. The Demo is my 2nd favorite bike by FAAAAR.

And as far as warranty goes.... i'm one of the few that could care less about warranty. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.