Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently snapped my rear triangle on my litespeed niota al.. And contacted Litespeed about it, they will do nothing to help. Except sell me a ti frame of course. Any suggestions?

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
We are talking about a bike that is 10 years old?

Litespeed changed hands at one point....not sure if before or after your bike.

What was the specified warranty period on that bike?

If it was only a couple of years or you were not the original owner, then Litespeed has done nothing wrong.

G

·
I've recently snapped my rear triangle on my litespeed niota al.. And contacted Litespeed about it, they will do nothing to help. Except sell me a ti frame of course. Any suggestions?
I don't think repair is possible, beyond the difficulty of repairing aluminum, I would be hard to tell what else is damaged. You could contact another frame builder and see about having a rear triangle fabricated but I thik the new frame option may be cheaper in the long run.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
It depends on how,where and why it broke ,Ti can be repaired.Check with some welding shops or if you have any frame builders around.
It is not at Ti frame....he has the Al version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
broke mine earlier this year, same model. I boughta new frame, but hoping to find a solution for the rear triangle - I loved that frame!
I sill have my broken aluminum Niota - the nicest riding 26 I've ever owned. Holding on to it in hopes that someone finds an alternative repair for the rear triangle. It's a shame Litespeed wont build a fewmore of the upgraded rear triangles for us lovers of the frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts