Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Snapped arc

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  beastmaster 
#1 ·
Hello all, i have just purchased a yeti arc frame, I have heard a few srories since I bought the frame that a few of these bikes have had rear mech hanger problems leading to it snapping the frame, do i need to be worried about this?
Also they were saying yeti would no cover the warranty as they say its the mech hangers fault not the frame?

#3 · (Edited)
There’s a ‘pin’ that can shear off that locates the UDH (universal derailuer hangar?).

I haven’t seen/heard about the frame cracking nor anything that Yeti will not warranty. What I don’t know is if after the pin snaps, could you just use an different (previous) style of hangar?

There was already a post about this subject in the main ARC thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I was just reading and looking at pictures of this topic on pink bike forum, three people on there have had cracked frames because of it, yeti won't repair/ replace as they say its a hanger wear and tear issue not a yeti issue?
Thats what the posts are saying anyway?
It just got me a little spooked about the frame,

#6 ·
PB Link? Cracked frames or sheared holding pin? Two completely different issues. If the frame cracked due to the pin shearing I would think Yeti would cover that, no issue. If the pin sheared, and you could still use a non universal derailuer hangar, then that isn’t a deal breaker. Definitely annoying….due to the implementation of the UDH.

#17 ·
I have one with a broken pin. Repaired it and no problems since. This frame rides very well, and frankly worrying about the frame breaking is pretty hypochondriac-ey. Buy it and let it rip. If it breaks, you deal with it then, but the chances of that are slim at best.
Why would I spend top dollar with a company that not only has acquired a reputation for broken frames resulting from various design and manufacturing flaws, not to mention the switch infinity debacle that lasted 3 years, and is now gaining a reputation for not standing behind their faulty products??

There are so many better brands out there making good bikes that stand behind their products and cost less.

#9 ·
I have over 1000 miles on my ARC frame without any problems. The hanger pin is even still intact. Haha! Watch, now something will happen!
I love this bike. Worry all you want about all sorts of stuff. I wouldn't worry about this however. Now if you wreck the bike, which can happen, and it breaks, which can happen if get really unlucky, then you have a different problem set to solve.

#15 ·
I guess it depends.

1) which frame kit?
2) do you care if your frame gets nicked/scratched?
3) do you care about resale value?
4) do you have the patience to apply the frame wrap!

I personally use them on a majority of my frames, if nothing else heel/tire rub will undoubtedly happen and frame wrap easily protects against that.

Figure solid ½ day to get one installed and it’s best to do it when the frame is new (unassembled preferably).

I’ve used the Invisiframe, RideWrap, and Yeti OEM.

Invisiframe goes on easier, but RideWrap might be a little thicker. Both are good, just depends on which is lower cost (including shipping).

The yeti branded variant is not that good. Really thick, hard to apply, and does not cover much of the frame.

Also, if you have a matte raw carbon frame, you would probably want a matte finish wrap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.