Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your pics of snakes you have seen on rides. .....if you were quick enough to get a picture....This one was in Mountain Top, PA....think it was an Eastern Racer..picture was taken with a cell phone by rider "Taco"...you can't see the red stripe that was on the snakes side..

Attachments

·
DeForest Stump
972 Posts
SlimTwisted said:
Cobretti is that a corn snake (or rat snake as they're sometimes known)? I've encountered these on the trails but have never been certain as to what they are.

They are aggressive though if you approach!
I had to look it up. Appears to be a Milk Snake. Often confused with a Copperhead and killed because of it. It was mellow, took its time slithering away.

The Corn snakes habitat is from N.J. to the Fl. Keys. Does look similar, more orangey though.

·
DeForest Stump
972 Posts
anthonys, I hope you shot that with a telephoto lens. Danger, Wil Robinson!

Cato, that is gnarly. Imagine having an off-trail excursion and crashing into that!

·
Want Smiley Sauce w/that?
530 Posts
Revivalll said:
Can you please be more specific as to where that is.....so I can make sure I never, ever ride there
Rev, maybe I'm just exhausted but that every time I read that sentence giggles bubble up from my toes.....Nice way to end a day, thanks for that.

·
Everyone Bleeds!
315 Posts
Omg!!

Why can't I ever find a damn snake? I go out looking the bast**ds and can't find them! This sucks!:madman: :madman: :madman:

1 - 20 of 633 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.