Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
man i hate those things. the rattlers anyways. even though i have only seen them while hiking. right now i am more avoiding any geese i see who have a litter of goslings(?)....they charge at you like they mean business.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,743 Posts
Been riding for over 10 years, I've seen California king snakes, gopher snakes, bobcat, fox, all kind of fowl and a cub, but I've yet to see a rattler.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cool photo. :thumbsup: Snakes on the trail is a good reason to practice your bunny hop.

Don't ever hit a snake. They do a lot of good for the environment and hitting one will set MikeV into a 3 month long rant. :eekster:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ran into a large gopher snake on the pave segment of the Bay Trail along 237 in Sunnyvale on Sunday riding my long board. I've seen lots of smaller ones on the gravel sections of the Bay Trail but this is the first one I've seen on the pavement. Luckily saw it in time to make a big looping turn around it as it is hard to bunny hop on the long board:

- Skateboaring in Mountain View, CA. Shoreline and Stevens Creek Trail

·
boomer
871 Posts
Last weekend in Tulsa, OK; wife ran right over it thinking it was a root and didn't believe me when I stopped her to show it to her. When we went back it had scampered off but thankfully the GoPro was running and I was able to show her the proof later.

Attachments

·
Xavior12
2 Posts
I see them over by Castle Rock all the time. Dont ride there in the May/June. So the question becomes do you go fast and hope you're faster than they are when you rin them over or do you go slow and careful?

Also what do you do if you get bit?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Been riding for over 10 years, I've seen California king snakes, gopher snakes, bobcat, fox, all kind of fowl and a cub, but I've yet to see a rattler.
Take a ride on Diablo. Saw 5 Monday night on the road ride and 4 on the MTB last night.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.