Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I don't know why the call it a bunny hop, the maneuver is used to get over snakes (unless you are climbing). I had to "snake hop" a snake (dont think it was a rattler) coming down from Demo to Aptos yesterday.

No pic, I was doing, ummm, ummm, ummmm 15 mph, yeah, 15. Stopping for a pic didnt seem important.

·
Uncle
4,359 Posts
More water = more food = more snakes?

I've seen one on each of my past two rides (Annadel and Tamarancho respectively). Not enough data points for a study, but I usually see just 2-3 per year. Anyone else seeing more snakes than usual while riding?

·
Registered
35 Posts
..on the RR grade leading up to the start of White's Hill (FFX), I saw two rattlers within 100 yards of each other a few weeks ago...one was stretched out perpendicular on the trail - I missed it's head by 6 inches..

·
Bedwards Of The West
5,451 Posts
canonshooter said:
You should remember who was there first. You want to enjoy nature....well try enjoying ALL of it!

MK
^^ uuummm, see, there's this movie about snakes..and... nevermind. :lol:

·
Like a boss.
662 Posts
I saw this gopher snake on the landing above the first set of stairs at Deer Park school last weekend. He/she was just chilling, maybe digesting something? Anyway it was cool to get so close. Snakes are awesome.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts