Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
Joined
·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather is warming up, keep your eyes open for'em :eekster:

Matt

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/73038616'></iframe>

Norris was along for the ride.....
DSCF9787.JPG

My new desktop picture.....
DSCF9788.JPG

Coming outta the Zen...
DSCF9792.JPG

Snake on the Poppy-something Trail....
DSCF9793.JPG

Helmet hair.....
DSCF9795.JPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
nice pic's! that helmet hair must be -the bikers mohawk- hahaha!
do snakes have a "schedule"? you know, like they are out in the hottest part of the day, or the other way around.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,536 Posts
Great photos Matt.

Looks like you did all (most?) of the Grit 50 course. How was it on the hard tail? I'm debating doing the race and have done most of the course on the HH100x at different times but there certainly are some spots on Zen and Barrels that will be a bit sketchy on the short travel bike.

You doing the race?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
lokomonkey said:
nice pic's! that helmet hair must be -the bikers mohawk- hahaha!
do snakes have a "schedule"? you know, like they are out in the hottest part of the day, or the other way around.....
Snakes will cook pretty quick in the hottest part of the day. I think they prefer 65-90 degree range, although we've run into sidewinders when it was in the mid 50's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Dgremlin said:
Snakes will cook pretty quick in the hottest part of the day. I think they prefer 65-90 degree range, although we've run into sidewinders when it was in the mid 50's.
thanks men, my wife is doing some of her riding 'solo', so I'm kind of freaking out a little....:rolleyes:
 

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
Joined
·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KRob said:
Great photos Matt.

Looks like you did all (most?) of the Grit 50 course. How was it on the hard tail? I'm debating doing the race and have done most of the course on the HH100x at different times but there certainly are some spots on Zen and Barrels that will be a bit sketchy on the short travel bike.

You doing the race?
Hey KRob-

I'm not sure if I'll do the True Grit race. I downloaded the course on my 705 and we followed most of it. I didn't see any reason to go further down the Poppy Trail as a down and back. I've done Zen and Barrels twice now on my HT...just gotta pick good lines ;)

Matt
 

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
Joined
·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a trail named Sidewinder up there and they do have a warning and a picture of a Sidewinder Snake on the trail guide posted at the TH. I can only imagine how many snakes there are up in the rocks on Zen and Barrel Rolls.... (shiver) :yikes:

Matt

utah side winder 2.jpg
 

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
Joined
·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ImaFred said:
That's a cool pic of a sidewinder ... did you take it Matt?
I pulled the Sidewinder pic off the web, but I did take this Rattler pic from 2005 in BD....:eekster:

Matt

matts pics 011.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
saw one going up imba @ bootleg yesterday around noon. I think it was some sort of gopher snake, but it was laid across the trail. Those rattlers are scary. What time do these usually go out to sunbathe?

JT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
I lived in ST G and have been riding there the past couple of weeks on trips. Just got back from another last night. I have never really seen a snake and cant say I get too concerned. Are they that big of a concern as well in Vegas since I think I might head down this weekend.
 

·
Young, Shawn Young
Joined
·
3,161 Posts
Playdeep said:
I lived in ST G and have been riding there the past couple of weeks on trips. Just got back from another last night. I have never really seen a snake and cant say I get too concerned. Are they that big of a concern as well in Vegas since I think I might head down this weekend.
If you see a green mohave then yes, huge concern. Otherwise try not to hit them if they are in the trail:)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top