Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
jalepenio jimenez
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hung up like a curtain across the southern skyline from Boise, they mirror our more familiar Boise foothills from far across the mighty Snake, not much more than an outline on a good day, but today you could reach out and touch them, if not with an extended hand, then with but a whisp of imagination.

They beckon for attention with their snow capped summits, summits I should say are more lofty than our dear Bogus Basin's Shafer Butte, loftier by a good thousand feet or more. And yet little attention is paid to them.

Is it becouse they really are that far away?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man, I dont think they are that far away, but it depends on were you go, the area covered is pretty large. There are supposedly some pretty sweet things to see out there, like a submerged town, awesome canyon runs, and some how (never done it), but you can pretty much ride all the way to Silver City.

I have never taken my mtb out that way but I do know a lot of mx's go out there as soon as you start getting pretty close to the mountains (just out side of Glenns Ferry) you start to find a lot of mx/atv unload areas. That is were I usually go, since it is fairly easy to get to, but you can drive into the mountains even further. Back to your question, if you were going the Glenns Ferry route, from Nampa its about 45 minutes to get to the start of the atv unloads, about this time i believe the roads start to go to gravel as well. To get into the mountains them self I have never gone that far, but am planning a mx trip in a few weeks that will be heading pretty far in before we unload.

From what I know seems like it could be some good mtb riding out there if you go far enough. I hope that helps!

·
Rocks Rock
943 Posts
How was your trip? I drove my Jeep up toward Silver City and got on my mtn bike when the road got scetchy back in 04. Would like to do some more exploring up there for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't actually got to go yet. Since the school term ended I have been focusing on work, I have a talk coming up at another university in two weeks so all my time has been prepping for that.

But I was thinking about it and a place I went last year at the end of summer was Idaho City (been there a few times actually) which is another huge atv area, but here were some places I went on my mx bike that I had to turn around because it was just way to sketchy, but if I had my mountain bike would have went for it. Its a lot of single track with a lot of trails, some are becoming over grown, but I think mountain bikes up there may be a lot of fun. Not sure if any one has gone up there with the intention of mountain biking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts