Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Low Rep Count
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I am stoked! It took two weeks for it to finally get here once it was mailed (total of about a 4 weeks since I ordered it). The sticker on the bottom says it all. 69 grams! So I thought, but on two different scales we got 66 grams!!!! Hot damn! Only got to ride it around the block at this point but still stoked.

Sorry, no pics of it on the scale, I got too excited and bolted it up. Funny, I thought there was a seam line on one of the pictures on their website but it is actually their logo imprinted in the mold. I could not get a clear picture of it to come out due to lighting but it basically says, "Smud-carbon.EU"

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Would love to hear about the comfort level - either compared to others or whatever. Can this be used for a *daily* 4 hour ascent on a hardtail?

·
Low Rep Count
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try to get some more pics this afternoon. Gotta run out to my daughters soccer games now.

I have not been out on the trails on this particular seat as of yet but I got in a 3 hour ride on my last one (full carbon seat)

·
Wicketed
607 Posts
looks good. i've been thinking of pairing up one of these with the seatpost they are releasing in a couple of months......

·
bike rider
1,152 Posts
NICE! I'm hoping that they'll be comfortable so I can use one on my TallBoy build. Let us know. 66g WOW!!!

·
Low Rep Count
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Matt. I have been meaning to shoot some more photos of it but we sort of misplaced the camera over the weekend after a soccer tournament. I found it last night so now we will have to see what the weather is like.

Got a 5 miler in yesterday (not far but I fought tooth and nail to get the time to ride yesterday). I would say that it feels short. I mean, I was able to slide off the back really easy and it is definitely shorter front to rear (tip to tip) than my Aliante. It is also slightly narrower as well as shorter from top to bottom (had to raise the post about 3/4 cm to compensate).

It felt about as comfy as my Merek or any sold seat for that matter. It was easy to slide be hind the seat on decents or hops and did not pinch my inner thighs too bad (my Merek has sharper edges or something). Over all I am very pleased with it. Hell the weight savings pretty much allows me to drop a ti post on the bike now but I just can't bring myself to do that. I mean, I would be adding weight! Isn't that some sort of crime punishable under weight weenie law?

·
Registered
626 Posts
4 hour ascent??

How to you ascend for 4 hours? is it an 8k+ climb? I enjoy climbing more than any other part of cycling and the very thought of that hurts my legs :0

featured said:
Would love to hear about the comfort level - either compared to others or whatever. Can this be used for a *daily* 4 hour ascent on a hardtail?

·
Registered
47 Posts
diver160651 said:
How to you ascend for 4 hours? is it an 8k+ climb? I enjoy climbing more than any other part of cycling and the very thought of that hurts my legs :0
I should clarify that is a round trip - my mistake.

If we take our time its basically a 3-4 hour ride, racers do it between 1.75 and 2.5 hours typically.

Lithia park to Mt Ashland. in Southern Oregon

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
1SPD said:
Here are a few more pictures of the saddle.
:thumbsup: SICK :thumbsup: 29'er........ that is all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts