Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about checking out the Smoky Mountains, but am curious about the types of trails around the area. I was not too sure if the hiking trails could be ridden on. If there are some good trails with various terrain, which towns would be a good place to stay? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Feel Good About Hood
217 Posts
No riding in Smoky Mountain NP, but the "Smoky Mountains" encompass a much larger area than that. When are you planing to go? If it is in the summer I would skip the National Park entirely and go to Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, NC. It can be crowded and traffic can back up on the main park road. Plus it is sandwiched by two of the most tacky, obnoxiuos "towns" I have ever seen (Gatlinburg, TN and Cherokee, NC). The riding around Brevard is practically endless, between Pisgah NF and Dupont State Forest. For off bike activity there is great hiking and waterfalls to see. Many options for camping, hotels, B&B's and bike shops. If you want a bigger city for night life and such there is Asheville, NC. All of this is in "The Smoky Mountains":thumbsup: . Cruise over to the NC/SC board, there are tons of threads with lots of great info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.