Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smoking on rides
This appears to be an Arizona thing.. half the ride reports I see involve some kind of stop for lighting up.

Is this just my habit somehow filtering into the internet? Or are people really lighting up?

P.S. Happy New Year.

·
Salty Dog
366 Posts
Smoking?

yetisurly said:
why, exactly?
Interesting issue. This is my fifth year of riding in Arizona, year round, and I don't ever recall having anyone light up during a ride. Never thought about it since most of us work too hard anyway and smoking would not be much of a help for our cardio point goals.

I've seen a few oil cans now and then, but certainly nothing to excess.

·
Master Gardener
1,347 Posts
Smoking pot is really, really bad. It makes you really, really slow and really, really lazy. And it's, like, totally illegal. I would never ride with anyone that smokes the pot because it, like, makes you bad, slow, lazy and illegal. It's like, so bad.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
way-no said:
I'm clean and sober and think it's sending out the wrong message to young new riders
So if you have a beer during a ride, you're not clean and sober?

Should I be worried that my kids give me two Fosters oil cans and a flask for Christmas? Are they sending me the wrong message?

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
tiffanyinanthem said:
Please stop! Soon we'll see posts of fancy schmancy lighters built especially to mount on your bike...
And this is a bad thing?

Wait...I never thought of that. What made you think of that? Do you knock down the doobie more frequently than we would suspect?

Please elaborate. Or not. :D

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
CactusJoe said:
And this is a bad thing?

Wait...I never thought of that. What made you think of that? Do you knock down the doobie more frequently than we would suspect?

Please elaborate. Or not. :D
While my interactions with Tiffany have been very few, I cannot imagine her passing the dutchie. :D

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
I plead the fifth. It sure is nice though. Just like the oil cans, wait until you get to the top to smoke out. Don't smoke too much and crash on the downhill though.

Climbing is made easier after a drag simply because the pain from the lactic acid is numbed to a certain extent. Going downhill is a sensation of speed and wind noise. I find that my body is far more relaxed (helps with the rigid bike) as well.

To each their own, literally, bring your own.

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
While my interactions with Tiffany have been very few, I cannot imagine her passing the dutchie. :D
Fair enough. Coming from you, good enough for me. :thumbsup:

But I gotta wonder. Such genius....must be born from experience, right? :D

·
Master Gardener
1,347 Posts
I'm still waiting for the L7s to come on with their catchy responses copied from their 8th grade health textbooks: Marijuana makes people lose their ambition, kills brain cells, is a gateway drug, lowers a man's sperm count, causes crime, causes mental illness, is more damaging to the lungs than tobacco, causes lung cancer and is more potent today than in the past...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.