Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Weapon of Choice
801 Posts
Dang I concur, when and where you gonna break that sucker in! Build specs please. Congrats>

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Iceman69 said:
Dang I concur, when and where you gonna break that sucker in! Build specs please. Congrats>
Thanks Mike.

I'll break her in on my local desert trails. Exactly when that happens is up in the air as I'm in recovery mode right now... I know one thing for sure and that's that it can't come soon enough.

I'm swapping parts from my existing bike...

View attachment 584295

·
Registered
29 Posts
LncNuvue said:
Thanks Mike.

I'll break her in on my local desert trails. Exactly when that happens is up in the air as I'm in recovery mode right now... I know one thing for sure and that's that it can't come soon enough.

I'm swapping parts from my existing bike...

View attachment 584295
The black ano looks awesome...

But what is that color on your current bike? That is a sweet looking color.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
papabear050 said:
How come? Whats the biggest deciding factor for you?
I like the new geometry, slacker, little lower, and more fork config options. Plus, I had a warranty issue with my existing Spot which helped me score the new one. The charcol frame goes back to Turner once the new one is built.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Very nice, very nice! Looking forward to getting mine as well, maybe as an Xmas present :D (hear that wifey). A ti spring MX shock sure will look nice bolted up to that bad boy!

·
Registered
238 Posts
very very very nice... I just got my 10 spot frame and it is a sick bike... I am lovin it, the 11 changes are very nice, but I couldn't hold out....

The 2010 spot is still a very nice ride. Hurry and post some vids of you rippin it up on that new bike man!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Full build picture, please :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the new frame put together...

View attachment 586042

View attachment 586043

View attachment 586044

View attachment 586045

Yeah, I'm very stoked. The wheelbase grew by .625" so it sits at 44.625" now - I was expecting it to be a little longer so I'm pleased. The BB dropped about .1" to 13.7. I think the lower cup on the Canecreek HS is a couple mm taller than my previous CK headset. The HTA is noticeably slacker looking at the side profile and riding the bike - maybe 1*. I'm giving the Easton Haven carbon bars a try and I have a Chromag Lynx seat on the way to enhance the comfort factor. Only other changes I'd like to make are a 160 fork and possibly a new wheelset but those are further down the road.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts