Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some ideas...

Anyone have experience runinng the old school Panarace Smoke / Dart combo these days on their FS bikes? They were my fave back a few years and recently found they are still available. My Maxxis Igniters that came with my new FS bike just feel odd and they are wearing fast. The other standard tread I hear about is the Panaracer Fire XC Pro.

Btw, I'm riding SoCal single track and fireroads. Rocky and loose to hard packed... More technical climbing and decending than screaming DH.

--
Bill

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
Still great tires...

... in fact, even better if Panaracer would bring them back in a 2.1 smoke UST version... and the 2.2 SC dart in a UST.

That 2.2 Dart SC was awesome, wish they would bring it back.

UST would be best though...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
wmalan said:
What's SC?

--
Bill
Soft Conditions. The tire was designed for soft or loose soil. Great tire by the way.

There was also a Dart HC, but it didn't stand for Hard Condions, it stood for Hard Core, meaning an inner layer of hard rubber covered by a softer outer layer.

They also make a Smoke 2.2 called the Magnum.

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,450 Posts
Yep, great tyres - but not especially high volume comapred to many of today's offerings. A genuine 2.2 version of the Dart would be most welcome - they corner really well and are very predictable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.