Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with the Smith Diablo slider sunglasses? I've been wearing a set of Smith Mainline sliders for about 3 years, but I finally have scratched the brown and the gold lenses to the point where they need to be replaced. I could buy new brown and gold lenses for the Mainlines for $40 + shipping, but I saw a couple of deals on a brand new pair of Diablos (with three new sets of lenses) for the same price (including shipping) as just the replacement lenses on the Mainlines ('bout $45.) I wear contacts, and the Mainlines fit me just about right, but I've been considering getting a new pair of glasses anyway. The Diablo is a discontinued model, but you can still buy replacement lenses on Smith's website. There are no reviews of the Diablo in the product review area, so I'm fishing for reviews here, especially from anyone who wears contacts. Thanks!

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
I likes 'em. Coming from Bazookas. One advantage: the earpiece rubber is intigrated. It doesn't slide off at all.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Debaser said:
I likes 'em. Coming from Bazookas. One advantage: the earpiece rubber is intigrated. It doesn't slide off at all.
I like them. Took me a year to figure out what they meant by adjustable earpiece. I idiotically kept pulling them OUT but it's just a normal inward/outward bend. Now they fit perfectly.

·
JORBA: Six Mile Run
428 Posts
Just got a pair...

danK said:
I like them. Took me a year to figure out what they meant by adjustable earpiece. I idiotically kept pulling them OUT but it's just a normal inward/outward bend. Now they fit perfectly.
They arrived the other day. Couldn't pass up the deal with the coupon. They look nice, fit well(on my head, of course) and the case is pretty nice as well. It has pockets for the extra lenses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Earthpig said:
Anybody have any experience with the Smith Diablo slider sunglasses? I've been wearing a set of Smith Mainline sliders for about 3 years, but I finally have scratched the brown and the gold lenses to the point where they need to be replaced. I could buy new brown and gold lenses for the Mainlines for $40 + shipping, but I saw a couple of deals on a brand new pair of Diablos (with three new sets of lenses) for the same price (including shipping) as just the replacement lenses on the Mainlines ('bout $45.) I wear contacts, and the Mainlines fit me just about right, but I've been considering getting a new pair of glasses anyway. The Diablo is a discontinued model, but you can still buy replacement lenses on Smith's website. There are no reviews of the Diablo in the product review area, so I'm fishing for reviews here, especially from anyone who wears contacts. Thanks!
I've had a pair for the last year. I like them alot. They fit me very well and don't slide off considering I have a small bridge, unlike oakleys. Only problem with them that I have is that it is easy to scratch the lenses when changing them. Other than that, they're awesome!

Enjoy'em

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scratching lenses

kg/cm² said:
I've had a pair for the last year. I like them alot. They fit me very well and don't slide off considering I have a small bridge, unlike oakleys. Only problem with them that I have is that it is easy to scratch the lenses when changing them. Other than that, they're awesome!

Enjoy'em
My mainlines would scratch the lenses too (on the upper, inside corner of the lens) when I'd swap them out. Any of the rest of you guys have serious scratching problems with the Diablos? I got mine today and from the design, it looks like changing the lenses would definitely scratch the pi$$ out of them. I emailed Smith to ask whether that (lens scratching) is the reason they discontinued the Diablo design, but have not heard back from them yet.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
884 Posts
Bought a pair a few months ago...

...and they are great glasses. Took a little bit of adjustment on the earpieces to fit my big, round, Charlie Brown sized head just right but they feel perfect now. I swap out the lenses frequently and have not run into any problems with scratching them but I'm also pretty careful about it too. However, if you do scratch them, most of the replacement lenses are only $20 (polarized are $48).

http://www.smithsport.com/products/replacementlens/sunglassesreplacementlenses_diablo.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts