Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back, although a little outta shape, but I'm back. Doc gave me a clean bill of health after 2 months of Clavicle healing. Said I can go ride. Went out w/ Wherewolf on Wednesday and then took advantage of today and headed west to Smell Ridge.

Found the single track that started it all for me 20 some-odd years ago.
This trail leads to a plethora of options: So I just kept going up.
Being off the MTB for two months sucked the wind outta me. So I found some nice downhill singletrack.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Felt good to be back to familiar ground. This is better than being on the road bike. So I headed down to Castle Rock. The sign here say's you can't ride your road bike on the trails. The Gorge is looking different these day's.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
is this shell in walnut creek? i've been avoiding those trails (castle rock, borges, diablo foothills) until it was drier. looks like it may be time...

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I climbed up the hill in the last post to get to my favorite single track in valley. It's a ***** to climb, but worth it. Finding the single track will be hard. Luckily, I know the trail and where it is. The trail back down to valley.

Be sure to clean your gears, your gonna need them. I did a couple of "dabs" coming down. I figured they were deserved for being off the bike for 2 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back in the valley, I ran into these two fine locals, Steve and Ann. We rode back to the cars together. Hope to see them again on the trails.

Thanks for looking.

jps

Attachments

·
Wookin' Pa Nub
97 Posts
Best EastBay Trails?

Pete said:
It's the most boring and unspectacular "simgletrack" in the East bay.
Pete - I'm new to EastBay trails. If Shell Ridge is "boring and unspectacular", where would you suggest the most fun and spectacular EB trails are?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah, you don't

Dan'ger said:
Ditto that! I owe you a beer - gotta ride sometime soon.
But, I'll drink one of your's anyways. Look forward to riding with you soon.

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
DonutKing said:
Pete - I'm new to EastBay trails. If Shell Ridge is "boring and unspectacular", where would you suggest the most fun and spectacular EB trails are?

Mount Diablo, followed by JM, followed by Las Trampas, followed by Black Diamond, with Briones in there somewhere.

·
Wookin' Pa Nub
97 Posts
Nice list

Pete said:

Mount Diablo, followed by JM, followed by Las Trampas, followed by Black Diamond, with Briones in there somewhere.
I've done Mt. Diablo and Briones, and I agree that both have great trails - I much prefer Mt. Diablo over Briones though. I haven't yet had a chance to ride Las Trampas and Black Diamond, and I'm supposing "JM" is Joaquin Miller park in Oakland? I've been through there on foot, but not on my bike yet. Looking forward to it. Nice list.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
DonutKing said:
I've done Mt. Diablo and Briones, and I agree that both have great trails - I much prefer Mt. Diablo over Briones though. I haven't yet had a chance to ride Las Trampas and Black Diamond, and I'm supposing "JM" is Joaquin Miller park in Oakland? I've been through there on foot, but not on my bike yet. Looking forward to it. Nice list.
i would add redwood regional to the list, especially if you link up with jm as well. redwood has a killer climb out of the valley, then around the ridge (some singletrack) and a fun downhill....

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
cohenfive said:
i would add redwood regional to the list,
I was referring solely to singletrack and given the high-profile nature of poaching in Redwood (excepting midnight rides), it doesn't make my list.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Pete said:
I was referring solely to singletrack and given the high-profile nature of poaching in Redwood (excepting midnight rides), it doesn't make my list.
gotcha chief....no legal stuff in briones then either..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts