Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

I currently have a 2019 Norco Bigfoot 2 in a size small. I'm 5'2" tall and this bike feels big for me. I've put on a shorter stem and moved the seat forward and it is ok, but still not great. It's also crazy heavy at around 36 lbs.

We need to add one more fat bike to our family anyway and my daughter is the same height as me, but not as strong. I plan on riding the new bike most of the time but letting her ride it while I ride the Bigfoot when we are all together. I'm hoping to find a fat bike that is lighter, feels smaller and has a lower standover height than my Bigfoot. Would prefer it to be as inexpensive as possible as well seeing as we just spent a small fortune on my new summer bike!

What should I look at?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think if you want something better than the Norco Bigfoot for less money you'll need to look for a something used. Look for XS sizes, there are a few out there. I think the older Salsa Mukluk came in an XS size and would fit 4" tires. Older Ice Cream trucks were also available in XS size as well. You can probably find standover heights online.

If you want to make the Bigfoot feel lighter and more responsive you could try some lighter tires and tubes. Lighter tires and tubes (or better still tubeless) make a big difference in the feel of the bike.

Good luck

Hey All!

I currently have a 2019 Norco Bigfoot 2 in a size small. I'm 5'2" tall and this bike feels big for me. I've put on a shorter stem and moved the seat forward and it is ok, but still not great. It's also crazy heavy at around 36 lbs.

What should I look at?

·
Registered
757 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.