Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I crazy to try this combo on my 06 Enduro??? I'm big at 230lbs and normally use a Nevegal with DH casing in the back and Nevegal DTC up front and have never pinch flatted.

I'm tired of going at a snails pace at the bottom tho and want to increase speed.

Thoughts?

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
don't do it. not at 230. the front tire- maybe, but i think what you gain in rolling ease, you'll loose in control and speed while descending. rear tire, well, i guess if you can pick really nice lines- though, let's be honest, in the baby heads, its just luck anyway- so, at 230 you gotta do what you gotta do and running a light tire seems like a bad idea to me.

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
Try it. See how many times you pinch flat. Then say FACK those tires, and change back to the DH tires. The only way to go lighter in D-ville is UST's. That's what I was running (Kenda Nevegal 2.1 front and SB8 2.1 Rear both UST) the other weekend when I saw you. Otherwise I think you'll finch plat to much.

·
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeng said:
Try it. See how many times you pinch flat. Then say FACK those tires, and change back to the DH tires. The only way to go lighter in D-ville is UST's. That's what I was running (Kenda Nevegal 2.1 front and SB8 2.1 Rear both UST) the other weekend when I saw you. Otherwise I think you'll finch plat to much.
Dude, you're the one that made me post this! :D Didn't you run small blocks in the rear of your Stumpy? Didn't see you flat and you're 200lbs or so too.

Oops just re-read your post. I see - you were running UST. Well then perhaps small block with a tube isn't such a good idea.

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
I believe a while guy someone posted that one of the shuttle companies owners up there used the Weirwolf 2.5 for the front and the 2.55LT for the rear tire combo.

·
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CDMC said:
I believe a while guy someone posted that one of the shuttle companies owners up there used the Weirwolf 2.5 for the front and the 2.55LT for the rear tire combo.
Those look like sissy tires! :p I need MANLY tires to support my phat azz!! :madman:

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
REI sold me a Weirwolf 2.55 LT for $20 bucks today. I was baffled and giddy. It should have cost at least $45 at REI. This was the Mountain View store.

I'll be using it in the front for D-ville race and all around.

·
bike dork extraordinaire
628 Posts
You could definitely run the Weirwolf LT on the front. It has so much volume that even at 30 PSI you shouldn't pinch flat. For the rear, I'd try something with a stout casing and good side knob protection that still rolls fast, such as the Mutanoraptor 2.24 or Exiwolf 2.3.

·
Sweater
1,949 Posts
Im running a 2.55LT front with a wierwolf 2.35 rear. Running 30-35psi over 230lbs and I havent had a pinch yet with them. Amazing traction as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.