Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking Gary Fisher 29ers on the GF web page. It appears that I may be between the Small (15.5) and the Medium (17.5) frames based on what I ride now and how I like my bikes to fit. One thing I can't tell from the Fisher web page though is if either of them have bottle cage bosses on the seat tube. I have a friend with a Large (19) XCAL and his does, but there isn't much room between the top of the water bottle and the bottom of the top tube which leads me to guess that the Small won't have them. What about the Medium?

Any owners of Small and Medium Fisher 29er hardtails able to tell me if there are bottle cage bosses on the seat tube? BTW the one I'm considering is the Paragon, but I'm assuming the geometry is the same for all the hardtails. Thanks!

·
Master of the Obvious
497 Posts
ndbike said:
Any owners of Small and Medium Fisher 29er hardtails able to tell me if there are bottle cage bosses on the seat tube? BTW the one I'm considering is the Paragon, but I'm assuming the geometry is the same for all the hardtails. Thanks!
We have a 15" Paragon on the floor right now and the seat tube does not have bosses...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers on the bottle cage bosses.

Ok, new question now. Based on what I can tell, I could adapt either the Small or the Medium frame to fit me. Obviously I like the idea of being able to have two water bottles.

I'm currently riding a M (17.5) Trek STP. I didn't have a choice with that one as there were no Small frames for that model. The Effective TT according to an old catalog was 23.2", which is the same as the Small Paragon. The Medium Paragon is 24". Is 0.8" a big difference?

So, Small and Medium Fisher 29er oweners, what do you recommend? I'm 5'7" with about a 31in inseam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.