Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right, I might have...Truthfully I dont remember. Ill search...Yup I did, lol. I just ran across the pictures again and thought they would be fun to post up, not realizing I did.

Oh well, delete thread!!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I banged my thumb up a little over a month ago so I havent been able go biking since. Today will be the first day Ive gone in about 5 weeks, easy trail nothing to extreme just need to see If my thumb can take 2-3 hours of shifting.

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
Magsrgod said:
I banged my thumb up a little over a month ago so I havent been able go biking since. Today will be the first day Ive gone in about 5 weeks, easy trail nothing to extreme just need to see If my thumb can take 2-3 hours of shifting.
Man that sucks man, I know what you mean. I slammed the sh-- out of my left hand trying to land a double jump about 2 weeks ago. Hurt so bad I thought I broke a bone but I think I got lucky. Still hurts but I can not stay off my bike :madman: so I hope in 2 more weeks it will be fine.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
supramk388 said:
Man that sucks man, I know what you mean. I slammed the sh-- out of my left hand trying to land a double jump about 2 weeks ago. Hurt so bad I thought I broke a bone but I think I got lucky. Still hurts but I can not stay off my bike :madman: so I hope in 2 more weeks it will be fine.
This is the worst part of mtn. bikin' - gettin' hurt is bad enough, but getting hurt bad enough to keep you off the bike = the absolute worst. That said, my large Nomad will be enjoying itself a lil more after Thurs. as I've received the hardware to mount my CCDB to it. Oooo Baby gonna be sweet. Got PUSH'd DHX on it now = good, but not a CCDB. :thumbsup:

Crappy phone pic of large Lounging Nomad.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
supramk388 said:
Unfortunatly mine kept me off the bike. I went over the handle bars and when I did my thumb caught and tore back towards my chest basically the wrong way a thumb is supposed to bend. Tore some things in it and I've just had to wait the healing out I just didnt have the strength in my thumb to shift.

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
That said, my large Nomad will be enjoying itself a lil more after Thurs. as I've received the hardware to mount my CCDB to it. Oooo Baby gonna be sweet. Got PUSH'd DHX on it now = good, but not a CCDB. :thumbsup:

Crappy phone pic of large Lounging Nomad.
Oh, nice! I bet the pushed DHX was nice but as you know the CCDB will be AWESOME! :thumbsup:I know some (Rene) are not a big fan of the CCDB but me and my boy Mtn.Biker123 LOVE ours. On the Nomad it works so so sweet, cannot wait for you to give us more updates.

man w/ one hand said:
This is the worst part of mtn. bikin' - gettin' hurt is bad enough, but getting hurt bad enough to keep you off the bike = the absolute worst.
I have to agree 100% with you. I jacked up my left knee at the start of the season (man what a time to get injured :madman:) and it was not even on the trail :madmax:! I had no power with the left leg, I felt like I was only using 10% of that leg when pedaling. Could not stay off the bike (when I prob should have) so I used my right leg only (well other leg could only give me 10-20%). Man that caused me to get a groin AND hamstring pulls on the right leg :madmax:! :lol: That's what I get for not staying off the bike but all is good now (well other than my left hand :lol:).

To me just goes with the territory, you know how it is.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
supramk388 said:
Oh, nice! I bet the pushed DHX was nice but as you know the CCDB will be AWESOME! :thumbsup:I know some (Rene) are not a big fan of the CCDB but me and my boy Mtn.Biker123 LOVE ours. On the Nomad it works so so sweet, cannot wait for you to give us more updates.

I have to agree 100% with you. I jacked up my left knee at the start of the season (man what a time to get injured :madman:) and it was not even on the trail :madmax:! I had no power with the left leg, I felt like I was only using 10% of that leg when pedaling. Could not stay off the bike (when I prob should have) so I used my right leg only (well other leg could only give me 10-20%). Man that caused me to get a groin AND hamstring pulls on the right leg :madmax:! :lol: That's what I get for not staying off the bike but all is good now (well other than my left hand :lol:).

To me just goes with the territory, you know how it is.
The PUSH'd DHX is good, but after you have ridden a CCDB setup properly...nothin' else will do. After a yr of a CCDB on my VP Free, everything else feels like a Wally World bike = yuck. After Thursday my life will be back to what it was; "blissful suspension as smooth as buddah". Never experienced the spiking Rene & Scubapro had. :ciappa: :prft:

I hate injuries like separated shoulders & busted ribs. They make every movement a painful experience. Tends to make you a better rider after you stay off the bike for the extended time these injuries require, because you don't wanna go through the down time again so you make the effort to ride better/cleaner & not make the same mistakes. Jumpin' back on too early can lead to even more injuries as you've attested to...yuck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I definately feel everyones pain with injuries keeping you off the bike. Bout five years ago I had a nasty Highside that resulted in a Torn ACL, MCL, and Meniscus in my right knee. After waiting 4 months for the MCL to heal, and an additional 3 months for a good window to get away from work for 6 weeks I had the reconstruction. 6 months of recovery after that I was finally ready to get back on the bike. I did for about 4 to 5 rides before I noticed complications from the first surgery, basically the pin they used to set the new tendon (Hamstring graft) was not set deep enough and the LCL would pop over the head of this pin when my knee bent over 60 degrees. Not very painful, like cracking your knuckle. Well over the course of a 2 hour ride you can imagine how many times this happened, My knee would be throbbing after a ride. So I had a second surgery a year after the first, add another 4 months of rehab and I finally got back on the bike.

It was absoulte hell, just ask my wife I was a miserable SOB without being able to ride.

So here I am 5 years later. Im riding, but I aint Downhilling anymore...

·
Registered
220 Posts
MWOH,

That garage pic freaked me out. That is EXACTLY like my parents' garage door and brick. You would have to see their house to appeciate the freaky effect.

Or has my dad adopted an internet persona and bought a Nomand he hasn't told me about? hmmm...

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
mb_ said:
MWOH,

That garage pic freaked me out. That is EXACTLY like my parents' garage door and brick. You would have to see their house to appeciate the freaky effect.

Or has my dad adopted an internet persona and bought a Nomand he hasn't told me about? hmmm...
DOH !!! Umm.....er...uh...not as far as you know....now...GO clean yer room and take out the trash !!! I'm gonna go ride, er uh I mean WALK some trails I found while I was ri, I mean walking the other day....as far as you know. :prft: :ciappa:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.