Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new frame from Chain Reaction in the UK.

It was on offer, reduced from 400GBP to 150GBP.

However, the one I recieved had a small dent on the seatstay. Enough of a dent for me to send it back for a replacement. Thing is, Chain Reaction got a bit snotty with me sending it back. They even tried to suggest that I may have dented it. But I didn't. I look after my things.

So.. if you had just bought a new frame... regardless of whether it had been greatly reduced in price, would you have sent it back for a replacement if you found a small dent?

I did the right thing right?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Without a doubt. You didn't pay for damaged merchandise. You payed for a brand new frame, regardless of the price. Even if it was $50, and was advertised as "Brand New", you deserve a brand new frame, that is what you payed for. Send it back, unless you can live with it and couldnt stand to be apart from your bike :cool:

·
nobody
490 Posts
kronik said:
I bought a new frame from Chain Reaction in the UK.

It was on offer, reduced from 400GBP to 150GBP.

However, the one I recieved had a small dent on the seatstay. Enough of a dent for me to send it back for a replacement. Thing is, Chain Reaction got a bit snotty with me sending it back. They even tried to suggest that I may have dented it. But I didn't. I look after my things.

So.. if you had just bought a new frame... regardless of whether it had been greatly reduced in price, would you have sent it back for a replacement if you found a small dent?

I did the right thing right?
Yes, you did the right thing. To me, new means new and doesn't include dents. How much it cost is irrelevant.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. It would have bugged the hell out of me otherwise. It would have always caught my eye. I think the dent was a tad over my limit of acceptability (but may have been within the realms of someone elses). It was a depression and crease about 1.5cm x 1cm that could be seen and felt. It wasn't huge, but it was there.

I hope they play fair and send me a replacement.

·
2,548 Posts
kronik said:
Cool. It would have bugged the hell out of me otherwise. It would have always caught my eye. I think the dent was a tad over my limit of acceptability (but may have been within the realms of someone elses). It was a depression and crease about 1.5cm x 1cm that could be seen and felt. It wasn't huge, but it was there.

I hope they play fair and send me a replacement.
I know what ya mean....heII yeah, you did the right thing - you weren't buying a "bruised" frame....perhaps it happened in shipping ??? whatever, you deserve a perfect frame upon delivery, as that's what ya paid for !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.