Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently got my 5 Spot stolen and am now looking to replace it. It was a great bike but to replace it is going to cost a fortune! I have seen a good deal on an ID in small and I was wondering about its geometry?

I'm 5"5 - 5"6 so I would assume that a small size would be ok for me? Any ideas on the Top Tube langth as thats most crucial for me to fit frames. I also like running a shortish stem so if its around the 22" mark then all the better. Whats the max fork length (I was considereing Pikes for their adaptability)?

I'm not a gentle rider and definately lean more towards the aggressive than XC, in your opinions would a ID be a good choice for most riding apart from full on DH and freeride?

THanks for your help.

Rhid

·
Banned
6,678 Posts
Rhid said:
Hello,

I recently got my 5 Spot stolen and am now looking to replace it. It was a great bike but to replace it is going to cost a fortune! I have seen a good deal on an ID in small and I was wondering about its geometry?

I'm 5"5 - 5"6 so I would assume that a small size would be ok for me? Any ideas on the Top Tube langth as thats most crucial for me to fit frames. I also like running a shortish stem so if its around the 22" mark then all the better. Whats the max fork length (I was considereing Pikes for their adaptability)?

I'm not a gentle rider and definately lean more towards the aggressive than XC, in your opinions would a ID be a good choice for most riding apart from full on DH and freeride?

THanks for your help.

Rhid
http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/help/faq.cfm#

see "what size should i ride"...

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
Standover can be a bear on the Id because of its high bottom bracket. My best guess on the TT is that it's probably longer than your 5 Spot, so running a short stem will be fine. The Pike would make a great fork for that bike. I'd recommend running the shorter shock option to lower the BB and standover a bit. Other than that, I think the bike can handle what you throw at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool,
I saw the Ellsworth page with the frame specs but I wasn't sure if they applied to the 03 frame! I'll think it over some more.
Any other opinions on the frame?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.