Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Singlespeed brethren,

Anyone interested in doing some training for the SM100 this Saturday?

I have a favorite little 20 - 25 mile fireroad loop I do over in the GWNF, Woodstock Tower and Eliz Furn area. LOTS of climbing, no trails. This should simulate the climbing in the SM100 pretty well. I plan to do this loop at least twice Saturday on my geared hardtail (my designated SM100 bike). Geared and singlespeed riders welcome.

The starting point is Veach Gap parking lot on Fort Valley Rd. Let me know if you need directions. Start time would be pretty early (7ish), again to simulate the SM100 start time.

Contact me if interested so we don't miss each other.

·
formerly Giantxc
649 Posts
Pat,

Can you email directions to me at giantxc(at)yahoo(dot)com? I was planning to do a tune up ride either at EF or one of the Luray trails and may be interested in your ride instead, although 7:00 AM is awefully early.

Also what kind of pace are you planning for this ride?

mtnpat said:
Singlespeed brethren,

Anyone interested in doing some training for the SM100 this Saturday?

I have a favorite little 20 - 25 mile fireroad loop I do over in the GWNF, Woodstock Tower and Eliz Furn area. LOTS of climbing, no trails. This should simulate the climbing in the SM100 pretty well. I plan to do this loop at least twice Saturday on my geared hardtail (my designated SM100 bike). Geared and singlespeed riders welcome.

The starting point is Veach Gap parking lot on Fort Valley Rd. Let me know if you need directions. Start time would be pretty early (7ish), again to simulate the SM100 start time.

Contact me if interested so we don't miss each other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.