Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

My XT M8020 lever is busted and need replacement.

Is it possible to install a SLX M7000 brake lever to the XT M8020 caliper and hose?

I like the SLX since it is more simple without the bite adjustment feature

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
All shimano levers are compatible with all shimano calipers. They all work just fine.

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!
Occasionally Cranky
5,203 Posts
All shimano levers are compatible with all shimano calipers. They all work just fine.
Just for future people who may stumble into here...as long as you're talking current gen stuff and you have the right hose (which OP does), yes.
-------
Personally, I have M8000 levers and have yet to even touch the bite adjust. Wherever Shimano put it seems to work just fine with me.

·
Uncle
4,313 Posts
Got a similar question here, hoping the wizards here can answer:
I have m785 calipers, which take the Shimano banjo fitting, and I'd like to swap the caliper for an m8020. I understand that the hose kit is different for each of these, and I'm guessing that the difference isn't the hose, but the banjo bolt. Wondering if I can get away with just swapping the caliper, or if the actual banjo hose fitting is different and will thus require a new hose.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Got a similar question here, hoping the wizards here can answer:
I have m785 calipers, which take the Shimano banjo fitting, and I'd like to swap the caliper for an m8020. I understand that the hose kit is different for each of these, and I'm guessing that the difference isn't the hose, but the banjo bolt. Wondering if I can get away with just swapping the caliper, or if the actual banjo hose fitting is different and will thus require a new hose.

Thanks.
Yes, keep the same hose just look for the Saint/Zee bolt, it’s about 6 dollars per caliper. I did the same but put Zee calipers on. The Shimano bolt from the tech docs is Y8H098010; the link to the PDF can be found here:
https://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-BR-M8020-4408B.pdf

·
Rocks belong
5,322 Posts
I understand that the hose kit is different for each of these, and I'm guessing that the difference isn't the hose, but the banjo bolt.
Correct.

Follow the advice above this post and you're good to go :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts