Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a brand new pair of 170mm SLX cranks on my Banshee Paradox. Last week I nailed something in the trail during a high speed pedal strike (drive side). At first, I thought I bent the spindle on my Xpedo Face-offs (flat pedal), but that's not the case. It's looking like the insert on the crank arm's out of alignment due to the blow. Any way to fix this without ordering a new set of cranks?

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
<sL4yEr>RuLz said:
I've got a brand new pair of 170mm SLX cranks on my Banshee Paradox. Last week I nailed something in the trail during a high speed pedal strike (drive side). At first, I thought I bent the spindle on my Xpedo Face-offs (flat pedal), but that's not the case. It's looking like the insert on the crank arm's out of alignment due to the blow. Any way to fix this without ordering a new set of cranks?
I doubt that it can be fixed.

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give it a shot (purchased online @ BikeBling). It's the drive side however. Seems like such a waste (of time and money) for a product that I've used for a month. Wonder what the design idea was behind this obvious flaw?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts