Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Got email from CCCMB today saying that MDO except for East Boundary is okay. Morning Glory is pretty bad...they did trail work and had a hard time getting the clay off the shovels. Parts of Irish HIlls will be okay but not the best parts. Shooters and East Cuesta okay. Johnson Ranch will be closed for while.

Basically most things need to dry out. More rain coming later in week I think :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a freshman at CP and ride a lot back home but haven't gotten out much here.(Just got my bike up here a few weeks ago!) What are some of the good trails around SLO? and do you guys know of a site with trail maps around here?

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
check out CCCMB.org They have maps to most of the trails in area.

Lots of great places to ride....shoot me a PM if you have any questions

·
bumbles bounce
96 Posts
Just use common sense out there. If it's too muddy turn around & try riding somewhere else that's dry. Some of these trails (MDO) are ready to ride sooner after it rains than a lot of others (cuesta grade). Lot of hard trailwork has been put in lately out there & it doesn't take much to trash it. Have fun, but be courteous too.

·
Registered
293 Posts
sminegar said:
Hey guys, I'm a freshman at CP and ride a lot back home but haven't gotten out much here.(Just got my bike up here a few weeks ago!) What are some of the good trails around SLO? and do you guys know of a site with trail maps around here?

Thanks,
Pete
Pete check out the Wheelmen too. http://www.cpslowheelmen.org/
It's road season now but we are still riding mountain bikes.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wet.
Not super muddy on west ridge but definitely wet. Morning Glory has a couple spots that need a few days of drying but the trails west of there are fine as is Shooters. I wouldn't even try Elevator right now, best to ride up the road.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
SLOCanucker said:
What do you use as a lap? I was thinking about going down there tomorrow morning. I've only ridden the "new" ridge trail at MDO.
I live in Los Osos, ride from home.

Up LOVR/Pecho Road into Horse Camp, all the way to the back, up East Boundary, down Barranca or East Boundary, down and out Islay Creek Road. Up Hazard Peak, over top and down back side, East Boundary, out through Horse Camp, down Pecho Road/LOVR to home.

Usually I do one lap, trying to increase the endurance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.