Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice the normally sticky ESI silicones get slippery as soap when wet? Full disclosure: I ride without gloves.

Any recommendations for a grip with these qualities, in order: shock absorbing, sticky when wet, sticky when dry.

My guess is the ribbed/stippled offerings from Raceface, Oury, Ergon, etc, but I'd like to hear from someone more experienced than me.

Usual ride -- beach, mostly flat, trails in small dunes, lots of tiny ditches and bumps, often rainy or misting fog.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I noticed that too in the wet compared to lock on grips but the feel of the silicone grip is not replaceable...

Good luck, I ride with gloves and even in pouring rain, grip is great on my gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Why do you ride without gloves?
I have to admit I don't like riding with gloves either but I tend to do things that I end up bailing or crashing on so gloves are nice for the palms.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just don't understand why a person wouldn't protect their hands. Skin peels back like a Kleenex.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just don't understand why a person wouldn't protect their hands. Skin peels back like a Kleenex.
It's because the terrain I ride doesn't require them -- beach. I always use gloves on road rides where a crash could peel my hands. I simply don't ride any trails where that could happen, and if I ever do, I wear gloves. I'm talking pure beach riding.

I'm needing recommendations for which grips provide the best traction, bare-handed in wet weather. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I've had great luck with lizard skin lock on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts