Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a demo TriAir rear shock yesterday from sr suntour. the width of the mount bushings on this TriAir are ~2.5mm less than the stock RockShox rear shock on my bike. top mount seems good/snug when torqued to spec. bottom mount has narrow amount of wiggle room. unlike when the stock shock is in.
will it be a problem to mount & ride the TriAir as-is? Or would it require different bushings or spacers to match exact width of the shock it replaces? i will do no more than a dozen rides on the demo shock.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,212 Posts
It needs the correct spacers/reducers/hardware. Bushings are the things in the eyelets that the hardware rotates on.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did you try to use the old reducer pins on the new shock?
i did not. i initially took it that the tube( spacer? ) that slides through the bushing was in fact the bushing. when i learned otherwise, and saw i could remove that. i went ahead and ordered hardware kit same size as original. next time i will know:) Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.