Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my lbs finally got the parts in this week for the slider tpc conversion that we talked about a couple weeks back. This was was done on an 04 Slider plus, and I'm sure it would work the same on an 05, but don't quote me on that. The part numbers used are 06-5335 and 85-5129. Fork feels great, no more notchy platform badness, just smooth and plush tpc goodness :D

EDIT: Sorry about the blurry before/after pics, I'm all cracked out today and can't hold the camera still :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
I put my 04 Slider + on my sons Warp after I put a 66rc on my Bullit, (black). My Slider + has the 05 SPV Evolve cartridge in it. It is the 1st Manitou I've ridden so I don't TPC from STP or TLC. How much did the TPC stuff cost you?? I'm thinkin' about pullin' my sons Slider privledges, (he only rides once in a blue moon), and put it on my old Rocky Mountain Reaper ht. to use for urban an' stuff. So lay som' more info on me....make me want to do this upgrade. :D :p

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man w/ one hand said:
I put my 04 Slider + on my sons Warp after I put a 66rc on my Bullit, (black). My Slider + has the 05 SPV Evolve cartridge in it. It is the 1st Manitou I've ridden so I don't TPC from STP or TLC. How much did the TPC stuff cost you?? I'm thinkin' about pullin' my sons Slider privledges, (he only rides once in a blue moon), and put it on my old Rocky Mountain Reaper ht. to use for urban an' stuff. So lay som' more info on me....make me want to do this upgrade. :D :p
Well the compression cartridge cost me $70 and the rebound cart cost me $30. My shop insists on marking up special orders 100% over cost, so that means the parts are $35 and $15 from manitou, so you can probably get the parts for cheaper if you have a decent shop hookup. I really can't emphasize how good the fork feels now compared to the spv version.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
SocalSuperhero said:
Well the compression cartridge cost me $70 and the rebound cart cost me $30. My shop insists on marking up special orders 100% over cost, so that means the parts are $35 and $15 from manitou, so you can probably get the parts for cheaper if you have a decent shop hookup. I really can't emphasize how good the fork feels now compared to the spv version.
All bs aside how is the rebound? How much range of adjustment on reb. & comp. do you have if any? Is the adj. external?

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man w/ one hand said:
All bs aside how is the rebound? How much range of adjustment on reb. & comp. do you have if any? Is the adj. external?
No bs, I was actually impressed with the rebound range. I have the xfirm spring in and i can still get the rebound down farily slow. Don't get me wrong, it's not marzocchi molasses slow, but it's practical slow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.