Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at building up a new VPFree with a 2005 Slider Plus DC but I don't know anybody my weight running this fork. I'm 220 (about 235 suited up) and ride fairly aggressivly (no road gaps/dirt jumps but no problem dropping like dead meat from 10 feet) but don't race. I am assuming that I can get heavy springs for the fork but other than that what are the opinions on this fork? Thanks.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
I'm about 220 as well (well sometimes. :p ) and have a 04 Slider+ on my V10. I'd say its definitely a capable fork, however it might be a bit soft on the big drops unless you land them really nice. Then again, I haven't setup mine tootoo much so I probably could use some heavier springs, but yeah I'd definitely say that if its the fork you want then go for it. It feels excellent and has night/day differences in adjustments.

G

·
I am 6'3" and 235lbs without gear and I run a 05 Slider + with the extra firm spring kit and only 60LBs of air in the SPV and it feels really nice. The biggest I hit is 8 - 10 ft on it, but it only goes through about 6" of its travel. I ride urban, freeride and agressive trail on it and it takes it all, has never bottomed out, just make sure you get the stiffest spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.