Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, sunscreen.
I don't normally wear it on my face because when I sweat it gets it my eyes and mouth (and we all know what that tastes like). But after a long, Quebec winter, and 8 hours this weekend on the bike... I look like I fell asleep on the toaster. Anybody using something to prevent racoon face that doesn't result in nasty taste/burning eyes?

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
xcdemon said:
ok, sunscreen.
I don't normally wear it on my face because when I sweat it gets it my eyes and mouth (and we all know what that tastes like). But after a long, Quebec winter, and 8 hours this weekend on the bike... I look like I fell asleep on the toaster. Anybody using something to prevent racoon face that doesn't result in nasty taste/burning eyes?
My nose got pretty fried over the weekend because I forgot my sunscreen. Haven't needed it all winter, so I wasn't thinking when I went out for an 80 mile road ride Saturday. What I use on my face (when I remember it) is from Neutrogena. It's a solid that comes in a container like a miniature stick deodorant. It's not cheap, but it doesn't clog up my pores like other stuff, and I can't recall every having it burn my eyes or get in my mouth.

Kathy :^)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I actually have a stick of that stuff (came in a gift bag at a charity event I worked at last year). I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There's something called P20 which I've used in the past that you only need to apply once. You need to wait an hour for it to absorb before going out but it does seem to work and it doesn't give you the 'burning eyeballs' syndrome as it isn't oil based.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I 2nd the Neutrogena stuff

My wife uses it. She has very fair skin and she wears it when she runs. It's the only one that doesn't make her break out.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
What I do is I never put sunscreen on my forehead (the helmet cover it ;) ), and somehow it doesn't get into my mouth, although I think I sweat like a pig ;) oink oink.

I use a Buff on my head, so I think that helps in keeping the sweat down, and also helps a little for my neck.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
I don't put much on my face, just a bit on the cheeks and nose- helmet/glasses cover the rest.

Didn't wear any yesterday during the first big trail ride of the season. Turned a little pink, but the aloe vera plant goop seems to have helped prevent any kind of pain or peeling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.