Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Just got the ok to go down to Sea Otter and am considering sleeping in my SUV to save some money.. I have done it before while car-camping but I am wondering where I could park in or around Sea Otter or Monteray and be safe from being hasseled-sp?. I am planning on coming down Sat morning and will only stay one night. Has anyone done this or does anyone know of a good location. Thanks for any replys.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Hassle factor...

rollinrob said:
Hi All
Just got the ok to go down to Sea Otter and am considering sleeping in my SUV to save some money.. I have done it before while car-camping but I am wondering where I could park in or around Sea Otter or Monteray and be safe from being hasseled-sp?. I am planning on coming down Sat morning and will only stay one night. Has anyone done this or does anyone know of a good location. Thanks for any replys.
I'd get a room. Its cheaper then bail...

·
Registered
543 Posts
rollinrob said:
Hi All
Just get a room in a motel in Salinas, Seaside or Marina. They're less expensive than staying in Monterey...

·
Registered
95 Posts
sleeping?!?!

jrm said:
I'd get a room. Its cheaper then bail...
What kind of police state has California devolved into when you cannot sleep in your car at a mountain bike race?????
Is there really any freedom left in the left coast?
My god man, sleep in your car!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well, SO is over, but for next year.....we camped at one of the sites(paid), but had two extra cars that were unpaid, nobody bothered us. For those of you who are cheap I would say just ask some people over in E, F, or G if you can camp next to them and help pay. Everyone seemed to have extra space and no one was up there checking tickets.

The Ito

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.